Help! My husband is constantly upset with me

The ocpd test is very accurate. I have looked up the diagnostic criteria in the dsm for ocpd. People self diagnose all the time. People with personality disorders very rarely get professional diagnosis because they don't see their damaging behavior as a problem, only do people on the receiving end feel it's a problem, like with the Op. It is a problem when someone is being Abusive or controlling. A personality disorder doesn't excuse the behaviour but can often explain some of the reasons why a person acts certain ways.

A professional opinion is important but sometimes isn't able to be obtained because a spouse won't consider going to a therapist etc or see their behaviour as a problem.

Sorry for the delayed response. Been busy with finals.

The ocpd test is very accurate. I have looked up the diagnostic criteria in the dsm for ocpd.

So who created this assessment? What is their background regarding the diagnosis of individuals with OCPD? Was it created by a certified therapist/psychologist who has experience working and diagnosing individuals with multiple instrument measures? Or was it by someone who isn't qualified in the field of mental health and used the DSM-V as a loose interpretation? Do you have any way to verify who the author is and his/her background for creating this particular assessment? Because I couldn't find that information when I checked the website.

Don't just use the DSM-V manual and say it's reliable and will provide 100% accurate results when you don't have the qualification to verify it. Measures utilized to assess disabilities should meet the requirements of standardized, individually-administered, psychological test instruments, be supported by appropriate research, and interpreted by appropriately-trained psychological service providers. A true assessment of a disability is a complex process that often requires more than one assessment that is evidence-based supported. Unfortunately there is not a single test that can produce 100% accuracy to diagnose someone with a disability- qualified professionals use multiple measures before determining a disability. They have the tools, education background, and proper training to do so than a Joe-Shmoe from the internet.

Here is a link removed of evaluating assessment measures to use as an addition to DSM-V. The DSM-V is mainly designed to define a disability, not to particularly evaluate it.

People self diagnose all the time.

As a person who has:

* Been diagnosed with a cognitive disability

* Has visited various mental health service providers to receive services

* Has volunteered/taught secondary students with high and low incidence disabilities

* Is studying for a master's degree in educating individuals with mental health problems

* Is working in the mental health services during the summer with adults who require special services for their disabilities...

I personally have a major problem with people self-diagnosing and claiming they have a disability. It's insulting to those who have been professionally diagnosed and are truly struggling with the disability throughout their daily lives. It is one thing to research general facts about a potential disability and then seek a professional opinion to validate your findings. However, the Internet a free public domain where people have the freedom to write whatever they want, whether it is correct or not. Along with this liberty, there is little or no prevention over what information people choose to share. Just because "everyone" is self-diagnosing "all the time" doesn't make the practice ethical to advise someone to do so. If you have a severe disability that impacts your daily living and relationships with people around you, then you should seek professional guidance to receive the correct treatment.

link removed conducted research on self-diagnosing. Information from people who self-diagnose vs. Doctors. link removed Once again, the favor is in doctors treating and supporting your health, not yourself.

People with personality disorders very rarely get professional diagnosis because they don't see their damaging behavior as a problem, only do people on the receiving end feel it's a problem, like with the Op.

I understand that. This is why disabilities need to be diagnosed early so that there are medical records for those individuals who can receive services before the struggles of adulthood. It is harder to make an adult seek therapy than it is for a child. However, adults are in the position to make a choice to improve their own situations by seeking the right services. If they choose to disagree and disregard being evaluated, then the fault is on them. But it is not on the fault of doctors.

This questionnaire is from a book from 1976. Temporal adverb ratings (often, sometimes, never, etc) are not clearly defined and would not be found in any modern professionally created survey.

My bet is you'd have a better chance of accurately finding out Which Disney Princess you are on a Facebook quiz.

Archived