Not getting anywhere in sales.

Hi there.

I would like to seek work advice. Im in sales and fairly new. I can handle people well when it comes to face to face selling. However theirs a Part of my job that become a telemarketer, where every transaction is done by the phone. I really have a hard time finding clients.

The product is Microsoft Server, or Office 365. and the target market are small to medium businesses, and if lucky a large enterprise.

after getting pass the gate-keeper. our spiel goes.

This is just a quick call about software compliance, I would like to tell you that Windows Server 2003 is ending its support this July 14 2015. are you still using that server?

"No were upgraded"

good let me just update our database, that's all I need. But listen I want you to keep my contact info i know you don't need me now but sometime in the future if you need anything at all you can contact me. whats your email?

then i proceed to send them a personalize email if they give their email.

there are over 600 employees in the firm and 60 of us are selling this stuff. its just been 3 months since we started this product and none of us is able to sell yet. making 50-100 calls a day nothing seems to work.

is this considered as a bad product? is there something wrong with my spiel? I know Tonality is very important when you speak i think ive got to a point of competence at this point and ive watched and listens to podcast by brian tracy, zig zigler or even jordan belfort.

I dont know what to do guys hope anyone here can help.

If they had already upgraded, then you are not offering anything to them that they can buy, just a contact in case they want something. Unless you are telling them what that something is that they should want, then again you are not selling anything, just making a courtesy call on behalf of Microsoft.

If they haven't upgraded.... what do you say then?

"if they haven't upgraded i then ask, how many servers are still running? (lets say 1) how many clients (lets say 10)

Any plans to migrate/upgrade in the next couple of months?

yes.

(then i go on about offering my services )

Listen John, im from a Company called PCM. (Value value value statements) Why dont I give you a very competitive price plan, or a quote? best I can do is give you a price comparison to what you are doing now. and I promise you the on problem you will have is I didnt call you months ago. sounds fair enough?"

then i proceed to getting their email address. and process a price plan. so far ive not got through this stage yet no one in my firm has. -_-"

really frustrating. ive been in sales for quite some time actually, and cold calling is ok. I suppose ive never encountered a product so hard to sell such as this one

I was told if its a bad product that i need to get out of the company. Im not sure if this is a "bad product"

Yamajii-- I'm in sales and I've found that it takes awhile to hit your stride. I've been in it for 8 months and am just now getting close to my goals. The key is to build rapport first before you try to sell anything. Find some news about the company, something to start a conversation with. People just do not respond to "I'm selling this, wanna buy it?" I guess it depends on what you're able to do before each call, or if you're stuck with a list and a script.

Archived