2.5 Year Relationship, Co-Workers, 4.5 Months Post BU

Griffey

Hey all - my ex broke up with me in late October after 2.5 years - we work together and see each other everyday. First few months were absolutely horrible, I was a mess. I'm a lot lot better now, been seeing new people, etc. She jumped right in with someone after our BU so I had to block her on social media and we ignored each other for months at work.

Recently she became completely single and alone and I've been in a better place so 3 weeks ago we started smiling at each other at work, saying hi, small chit chat, and liking each other's photos on instagram.

The following weeks we've been talking a lot more and laughing and getting along.

6 days ago I was at the gym and she sent me a text and a photo saying she thought I'd like it. I didn't really know how to respond, since we really haven't been texting like that. I responded cute photo haha or something like that, then went to bed. I woke up to an email the next morning that she wrote me at 630 AM. It said:

Griffey,

I'm sorry if I didn't handle things in the most appropriate manner in the end. Breaking up with you was the hardest thing I ever had to do and it broke my heart too. I just wanted you to know that our relationship was the most important relationship i have ever had and it is something I will always treasure. Thank you for loving me the way you did.

Love,

Her

She also began wearing a special necklace I got for her during the relationship the following days at work and on Friday she wore heart studded earrings that I got her for Vday last year. She hasn't worn this jewelry since the break up.

We went out for a work function that night (2 days ago) and we hung out a lot and talked and laughed. The next morning we texted for like an hour about how she was is now alone and has had time to soul search and that this is the first time in her life she has been alone but that she probably needed it at this point finally. I told her I told her that right after the breakup and that she shouldnt have jumped into anything and that she should have tried to heal properly. She said I was right. We had an honest convo, she was very guarded and I told her she seemed that way. She said she has to be so she doesn't get emotional. She also says she's happy we are talking again and she is happy I'm back in her life.

Now since the email she sent 6 days ago and our subsequent interactions and her jewelry wearing has me missing her again and thinking about her. I would love to try and work on things with her but I'm afraid to really ask her or push it especially since I've made a lot of progress. I'm considering asking her out to grab a bite and drinks but I don't know if that's a good idea. She's finally alone and thinking of me again clearly so maybe now's the time?

What does everyone think?

We are both 29.

I think thats entirely possible. But id play it cool if i were you. Just be careful its juat not because shes alone now. Dont mention it and carry on the way it is, build up yiur friendship again, im sure she will make a move if thats what she wants. These things have to happen naturaly. good luck

Archived