So I've been friends with this girl for 2 and a half years, we went a whole six months without talking at one point and it didn't really bother me too much. However, we recently started dating and my attitude about being away from her has changed. When I don't see her for a couple days I start to get panicky. I can't sleep and she's all I can think about. I don't get to see her very often because our work schedules line up so that When she's not at school or working, I'm at work. Am I just being too clingy? We've been through a lot together and I really do love her so much. If I am being too clingy what can I do to stop? We've recently become very committed and I'm worried that if I distance myself now it'll freak her out.

That's like how I am towards my boyfriend but we've been together for 4 and a half years and since he got this new job where he's gone for two weeks and back for one, I feel really clingy all the time, especially when he's here. But when he's gone it seems like I can't sleep or I'm really depressed. I've became better about not being too clingy though. It's just that you love that person so much and just want to be with them all the time (which is how I am). But you know, distance is good, but too much distance can hurt a relationship. I guess you need to find a happy-medium. Does she know how you feel?

Archived