when to reveal your feelings?

So there is a girl that I've been talking to now for almost a year I would say. I've always had a soft spot for her and I've always had interest in her. We actually had a bit of a fling in the past. It wasn't really a fling just more of hanging out a few times and us both admitting that we liked each other. The problem at the time was the fact that she wasnt really ready for a relationship. It wasn't your cliche excuse to not be with a person, she just really genuinly seemed kinda scared about the whole deal. I assured her I wasnt rushing into anything but she seemed to get mixed feelings about the whole ordeal and I just decided to pretty much give up on her. I just decided to move on and look elsewhere. Since then we have remained friends and have continued hanging out and it always felt like there was still that bit of tension like there were feelings left over. Atleast for me. We have gotten in many of deep conversation and talked about things she says she never told anyone else before and says she can't open up to others like she opens up to me. I actually believe this because she seems like a really inward person and it doesn't help my cause much that she so happens to be very shy.

I so happened to hear recently that she still really likes me. Once I heard this I was really excited because I still felt the same way about her and we had just been getting a lot closer as of lately. The problem is, I'm not sure if I should just play it cool and hang out with her more, even though we have hung out loads of times as friends, or if I should tell her how I feel again. I have often asked her why things sorta didn't work out in the past or why she was so scared of a relationship, and she voiced that she was afraid of letting people get close and things of that nature. But what I'm thinking is that she is already starting to let me get close. Maybe her opinion has changed over the year and maybe not? I'm not really sure but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks my next move should be. If anyone could help I would be greatly appreciative and if you need me to elaborate on anything just let me know.

Okay so I'm getting a lot of straight forward do this and dont do this sort of answers and I'm just thinking that this situation is too complicated for that, in a sense. Its not really very complex by any means, its just I think there should be more thought put into it. Like the fact that I expressed my feelings before and it scared her away, I'm just pretty much looking for an approach right now. I will continue to lay back and see how it goes, I also know that she is a VERY shy girl, and I can tell at times that she does in fact like me, but I know she will not take any initiative or action probably ever. thanks for all of your advice so far. Just not sure what to do as of yet.....