my ex and i dated for 4 months...

LOL1607309392

...and i still can't get over him which i feel really pathetic because its been 2 months since our break up, and i tried asking him to meet up when iw as back in town and he told me had a girlfriend who he loves very much, and iknow that means he jsut wants me to off. his birthday is coming up and i'm contemplating texting him happy birthday...but JUST WHY! i'm alot better than i was l2 months ago, but i just odn't get how someone can affect me sooo much when we dated for such a short period of time ughhhhh

LOL

I know how you feel. I dated my ex for about four months or so. It was a couple hours long distance and I had problems with it so I ended it. We had a month "post-relationship" and now we haven't talked in two months either. It does suck. We were both each others first real relationship and our first loves. We took it way too quickly. I, too, am having problems getting over him because our break up was merely because the distance sucked and I let it get to me. That was mainly the only reason we split. I wish we lived closer to one another. I contemplate texting him all the time to see if we can be friends. I don't know how I'd feel if he would agree to that. He seems to be talking to some new people. He took the break up really hard and I know I hurt him badly.

Some days I do really well, others I just see a picture of him in my head and just get sad that we aren't still together. In the back of my head I know we had something special. If it was meant to be the universe will find a way to bring you two back together. Short term really has nothing to do with anything. You liked the person a lot, maybe even fell in love, and they left your life almost as quickly as they entered it. One thing we don't share is that your ex is already in another relationship. It could very well be a rebound, but maybe not.

You aren't alone! Take the time between now and his bday to see if you really do what to text him. Weigh the pros and cons. If you do, don't contact him until them. Don't expect a response and then you won't be disappointed if he doesn't reply.

Why did you break up?

Archived