I can't stand this anymore...

I miss the closeness, being able to just tell her literally anything and she would understand me, no matter what it was. I miss her supporting me in my goals.

But I gotta stop thinking about those times, they're gone and never coming back, she was very special to me, more than she could ever imagine, but I have nothing left to do, I gotta let her go even if it destroys me.

I would retrain your brain to ask yourself questions. Ask yourself: what are some ways I can stop thinking about her? And write that down.

lol thanks Destroyed, you're the first person to have made me genuinely laugh today while reading this.

3Tears, don't ever despair like this, your ex is not worth it. Not even an ounce.

But you need to experience this pain in order to rebound. It's a necessity, not a fatality.

Look at this sweet and loving Destroyed : when he came here, he was a mess (no offence !) and now he is bathing in blood, sweat and tears and beginning to rebound.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, but forget this booze and if working out doesn't make you happy right now for whatever reason, then do something else and completely new. When I got dumped, I couldn't stand to watch TV-series anymore because every F****ing time I did it, it reminded me of my ex snuggling in my arms on our couch and giving me kisses while laughing at all those silly jokes. Even if I do enjoy this a lot, I completely stopped.

You need to let go of everything that reminds you of her, may it be objects, activities or whatever. Start afresh, start something new.

You have been given a second chance at life and probably will have a third, fourth and more later in life. Embrace it.

Become someone else, someone more experienced, someone more refined.

A better you.

You're making a lot more progress then you think! 21 days of NC is an achievement. I recently went through a breakup with someone we discussed spending the rest of our lives together and I can relate in some ways. My passion is working out as well and she used to go to the gym with me all the time. I still work out at that gym and she moved away so it's tough but I tell myself everyday to make sure I workout harder then she is. That is the key, knowing it is over and being able to realistically understand that. You just need to focus on being the best YOU possible now! No looking back now, focus on improving yourself and try and stay as positive as possible. You will still think about here no question, but when you do try and focus on yourself right away and eventually you will quit dwelling on it. Honestly, "you are who you are" if she doesn't want that then her loss. Why worry about someone who doesn't want to be with you. You need to try and stay positive and move forward. In the end, you will look back and think man I can't believe I spent that much time worrying about that girl!

I feel just the same. I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this too. I know how you feel and it is hell on earth. I did 6 weeks NC, then he contacted me and I replied, then started NC again an now up to 3 weeks again...The pain of missing him and our life is the worst part. People keep saying it will get better and you will move on...I suppose we have to trust them on this xx

Man, it is the same for me. Her loss was a brutal shock. I felt betrayed, fooled, hurt, confused. The fog has not lifted for me after 6 months. But, it has to lift sometime. Putting people on a pedestal is so wrong, being extra good to someone is risky. People need to be careful who they care for because some people do not deserve it.

Archived