Had sex while she was on first sugar pill

Austin2014x

Me and my girlfriend have sex regularly, and the only protection we use is the pill. She takes it at the same time every day. I do get off inside of her. Today, she took her first sugar pill of the cycle, so her period should start this week. We had sex and I was wondering if it was possible for her to get pregnant since she isn't taking the regular pill.

If she has been taking it properly without fail, then it should be safe. However, please be aware that nothing is 100% safe. So, if you don't want to become a daddy anytime soon, then it is your responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen and using a condom every single time (together with her taking the Pill), should prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Alright, thank you so much for the response. I don't want to be a dad as we are both starting college this month, but neither of us would really mind too much. A child would be a burden on us, but it would also be a blessing. Condoms just take away the pleasure for both of us.

I don't want to be a dad as we are both starting college this month, Condoms just take away the pleasure for both of us.

You both sound very young still (just starting college), yet, it seems you will continue taking a risk by not using a condom. That's all fine, but then ask yourself, are you able to afford raising a child for the next 18 years? Do you have any idea how much it costs to have a baby? To buy all the baby paraphanalia, put the child through schooling etc etc and all the responsibility that comes with it? Have you got a good enough job to pay your mortgage, see yourself through college AND raise a child? I can only say, be prepared for a HUGE shock.

I strongly recommend you use a condom, every single time.

For some women, it takes two months for their bodies to adjust to BC and not get pregnant. So you guys have been fooling around when she has been on the pill for a month? Yikes.

Just a heads up: I've known people who dropped out of their first year or two of college because of unexpected pregnancy.

Please use a condom. If you are at a four year university, the health office on campus usually provides FREE condoms. It's like playing Russian Roulette if you are only depending on her to take BC as a form of protection.

For some women, it takes two months for their bodies to adjust to BC and not get pregnant. So you guys have been fooling around when she has been on the pill for a month? Yikes.

Just a heads up: I've known people who dropped out of their first year or two of college because of unexpected pregnancy.

Please use a condom. If you are at a four year university, the health office on campus usually provides FREE condoms. It's like playing Russian Roulette if you are only depending on her to take BC as a form of protection.

No lol, she's been on it for a couple years. By first sugar pill, I meant the first of this cycle.

I don't get why you guys are saying wear a condom, I've had various gfs who have been on the pill since 16. I'm now 25 and have no kid.

Like the op said they both lose pleasure when using a condom and I've never liked them myself.

BC is a perfect contraception as long as you've both been tested for STDs and you don't do anything when she comes off to have her period.

Me personally I see no risk in what your doing. Carry on and enjoy it ;-)

Craig,

They are saying it because many women get pregnant on the pill because of misuse, either neglecting to take it everyday or actually intending to do so because they want a child. Simply put, it's rather dangerous to let your partner have 100% control over birth control.

If I were a man, I wouldn't NOT use a condom unless the woman had an IUD and I could "verify" (feel the strings) before each encounter.

the pill is 99.5% effective, so as long as you trust your gf to take the pill properly (sounds like she does) & you both know you are STD free then you shouldn't need condoms as well. ( My doctor told me this too) however if your gf is prone to missing a pill or taking it at wrong times, or goes on anti biotics at any time, then you should use a condom incase. The first sugar pill of her cycle is fine to have sex after, as long as she took them all at the right times before then.

Archived