When did you stop getting acne?

I'll be 21 in less than a year and I still get really bad acne. Face and back mostly. I thought it was makeup and taking too many bubble baths so I stopped doing those two things. I still get them! I'm worried I'll just always have acne.

When did you stop getting pimples/acne? Any tips?

You probably are using the incorrect facial wash for your skin type.

Getting the right kind is what will change wonders. Clean N Clear is a garbage product.

Anything with Tea Tree oil in will do more for your skin to help clean acne than anything else. Also, usually toners and a daily and nightly mosturizor will work wonderings in getting your skin to a health natural look without a cake face of make up trying to hide pimples.

I am 25. I still get pimples but only around my time of the month. I was 21 when I stopped using the Clean N Clear or anything really from a pharamacy or walmart or Target or whatever department store.

You're best bet to is to find a Health Food store in your area that sells the natural products and tell them what you are looking for.. which in your case you will need the facewash, bodywash, a toner and a day n night mosturizor. Make sure it has TeaTree Oil in the product or its not going to clear your skin up... it wont happen over night but in about 2 months you'll see a major difference if you remember to wash your face every morning and before bed and cut down the make up and get rid of your oily foundations.

The line I use is made by Derma-E and I have the Very Clean line which had facewash, a bodywash, toner and a moisturizer and I have the spot treatment... if you cant find it at a health food store you can order it online at link removed

Good Luck!!

Acne doesn't disappear with age, that's a myth.

I still break out sometimes, and I know many women who still get cystic acne in their 40s, 50's...It also depends if it's hormonal or not. If it's hormonal getting on BCP can help.

Acne doesn't disappear with age, that's a myth.

I still break out sometimes, and I know many women who still get cystic acne in their 40s, 50's...It also depends if it's hormonal or not. If it's hormonal getting on BCP can help.

Hormonal bc makes me a crazy woman unfortunately lol.

My skin improved immensely when I lost weight, got off the pill (got an IUD instead), and changed my diet so it was healthier.

Using a different kind of soap helps too. I only use Cetaphil (well, I use a generic brand but it's the same stuff) on my face.

My skin improved immensely when I lost weight, got off the pill (got an IUD instead), and changed my diet so it was healthier.

Using a different kind of soap helps too. I only use Cetaphil (well, I use a generic brand but it's the same stuff) on my face.

Mine might be related to diet as well. I don't eat only junk food, but I could be eating a lot healthier.

One thing to try is getting away from all the astringent "anti-acne" products and use very gentle natural soap and moisturizers and make sure that you keep your skin moisturized and well fed so to speak. For sensitive skin, irritation from all the chemicals and harsh anti acne stuff can create a vicious cycle of breakouts. Also, make sure you are patient and give your skin a chance to balance itself, so don't quit just because you don't see quick results.

Thank you! I've heard about tea tree oil a few times. It seems to be the jack of all trades in skin care. Heard it helps with cold sores as well.

The products I used have been a god send. I had acne really bad as a teenager and tried that proactiv crap for a bit.. it start bleaching my towels and when i stopped using it my skin was worse then ever -- STAY AWAY FROM PROACTIV!

Try the Derma-E product line. Their online website has a skin type test on it that will help you better pick your products.

Some of the things you're using are not good for your skin. bubble baths etc.

How about a hot bath with epsom salts and lavender oil- few drops. That's all natural. ( your skin is also an organ), so don't over treat it. And avoid using chemical crap.

I also suggest something like a coconut oil cleanser. I've made that for myself & kids. It's natural and healthier for skin. Internal and external use.

I actually have a spoon of virgin coconut oil daily. As it's a 'good oil' for us.

( look this stuff up).

Also your diet and keep up with plenty of water....

Acne can continue into later 20's +. Often to do with your own background.

Makeup helped with my acne.

Probably because once the makeup was on,I didn't touch my face for a few days.

People say to take makeup off, but I usually left my full face on for 1.5 full days then I'd use toner on the skin, but leave the eye makeup on to go away on its own.

Kinda dirty, but it works, haha.

Bubble baths I avoid because they did give me acne so I'll only use Epsom salts.

I had (have?) cystic acne.

It was only on my face, but I'd have the same spot for MONTHS.

In the last 18 months it's pretty much gone!

I'm almost 28 so I guess some good things happen as we age, haha.

Might be a myth for some, but it's the only things that helped me.

And tanning.

The only reason I tan is to curb my acne.

I still get pimples, and I'm in my thirties. Mine got a lot better when I stopped using Clean and Clear and all that stuff, and started using Cetaphil. It's for sensitive skin. I use it with a facial brush, like a Clarisonic but cheaper (the Loreal version I think). Also, if you wash your face too much, it will make acne worse. We need the natural oils on our skin. Sometimes if I'm off for a day and don't plan to wear makeup, I'll just rinse my face in the morning a bunch of times with water and leave it, then do the Cetaphil and brush before bed. Also, Glo Therapeutics makes a serum that's really good, but it's kind of expensive. link removed

That worked really well for me too, the brush and Cetaphil at night followed by the serum. My skin looked really good then.

Also, I'd recommend changing your laundry detergent if you haven't already to something without fragrances, and avoid fabric softeners altogether.

I had back-acne and still get face acne from time to time. It was only ever taken seriously when I went to a Naturopath.

So for me (and this might not be the cause for you but you might want to look into it) most of my acne (especially on my back, forehead and jawline) was entirely caused by food. I had several food intolerances and sensitivities that caused this acne, and when I eliminated the foods, the acne disappeared. I never get back acne anymore, but I still do get mild forehead/jawline acne if I eat something I shouldn't.

Acne on the chin is hormonal, it means that your hormones are out of whack.

I switched to using oils to moisturize AND cleanse my skin (yes you can clean your skin with oil), and I use lavender water or pure aloe vera gel as an astringent. Face masks of honey and clay, clay spot treatments to dry out pimples. All natural stuff, I think my skin is much happier this way

Archived