Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

GHD Eclipse Hair Straightener

Silverbirch

MY sister has sworn by her GHD for years. Her hair is naturally super curly and she hates it, but gets it straight with her GHD. My hair is not as curly as hers, but I have used a straightener for years, but a fairly cheap one. I am thinking seriously about taking the plunge and getting the Eclipse. Does anyone hear use it and is it really what they say?? Thanks.

I have the original GHD and I love it. I don't like other straightener brands because I don't think the quality is up to par personally. I've had mine since 2002-3 and it works just as great as ever. The Eclipse is supposed to use less heat so better for hair. I know a lot of people like CHI, but because of your location they aren't available and you'd be better of just getting a GHD.

PM for a link where you can buy it online (if that's where you want to purchase) with free shipping for where you live.

Thanks Willow and petite. I also just started reading about the Loreal Steam Pod, and wonder if either of you have tried that and if you can compare it to the GHD.. Apparently, you can put some type of kerbs taste treatment in it. I can't imagine my hair being straightened with moist heat as that normally makes it frizzy. My hair has been colored for years, and especially this last year, I have been trying to take better care. I would love to be able to give myself a Jo Bailey style.

I personally haven't used it so can't comment on how effective it is. Essentially most higher brand straighteners will do the job, it just depends which one you're wanting to buy. You might perhaps go to a hairdresser and see if they use the L'Oreal steam pod and see if you like it and then one day use your sisters GHD to see which one you prefer.

My personal experience with hair straighteners has been GHD all the way, for curlers BaByliss Pro and Parlux for hairdryers. Every product from these brands that I've purchased have lasted years - and so they should given the price.

Silver, they have both

link removed

Check here

link removed

and here link removed

link removed

See where it is cheaper

Archived