Tinder?

Mr_LFA

Don't put all your chips on one roll, buddy.

I removed all pics that show my muscle, Ieaned out and look more fit than monstrous now, I take pics of me with sharp clean hair cuts and facial hair trims now- no beards anymore, and my messages have tripled.

My female friends actually have me good advice when it came to that.

The way you chat with them makes a big difference too. I have had a few women ask me for my number first because they just had to talk to this dork on the phone and see if I am exactly as I type.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you sir, must either be very good looking or you have a great photographer LOL

He is and he does. Haha.

Lol. I did use one professional pic (taken for my job) as the main photo, but the other 3 photos you're allowed to post were all real-life/action shots (like the one I have on my ENA profile page). Yeah I got a lot of matches, but I just didn't like Tinder as a concept. I went on one date, and it was a horrible experience. We had zero in common. It was like we literally made the date based on mutual attraction (though I was just trying to hook up with her, she wasn't my type), and just went on the date.

I just personally prefer having a profile to read through so I can learn a bit about the girl (as well as if I'm attracted to her or not).

I've been tindering for a few months... I had 200+ matches but deleted plenty...

I've gone on 3 dates, each of them attractive and the cream of the crop, except perhaps the first one...

One I still stay in touch with and are friends, one we tried to meet up a few times, then I gave up, and the last one, we became sexually active but then I stopped pursuing her...just wasn't feeling it.

I have a handful of attractive, possibly interesting girls I can message there, but after the last one...I am taking a break from dating... not enough time for women right now

The first girl, I wasn't that attracted to but the conversation flowed well...

The second girl, I was REALLY attracted too, but she and I live accross the world...tried to hang out more, but I opted to travel Europe instead

Third one, we hit it off really quick, and she was very attracted to me, (more than I to her) and got the "wants a boyfriend asap" vibe, so I backed off

Tinder Truths

if she messages first, she's probably unattractive

if there is two or more girls, she's the least attractive one

if she has an instagram username, move along, she's fishing for followers

if she has an instagram username, move along, she's fishing for followers

hah I say about 85-90% of girls in my area have their Instagram account listed and just want more followers.. Narcissistic young female behaviour at their best!

hah I say about 85-90% of girls in my area have their Instagram account listed and just want more followers.. Narcissistic young female behaviour at their best!

That's because some guys are stupid enough to keep chasing her and adding to her followers.

I remember all my online dates quickly took me off facebook when i wasn't interested in them after the first date, the women I slept with kept me until I revealed my ex at that time.

So I haven't had much luck in the Tinder matching department lately but I've made it through the number prescreening facebook hoop with this other girl. Got two first 'dates' lined up tomorrow so I'll see how it goes. Haven't met people purely from online in a while...

I use Tinder and as a male I have HUNDREDS of matches. I make no bones about my intention, often leading the conversation with sexual innuendo right off the bat. I am nowhere close to supermodel status in looks, nor do I have more than a few words in my about.

Some girls will block me, other girls will entertain me with no real intention to meet up, and other girls are more than happy to meet up. I usually get the number in 2-3 messages, I've even had a date fully set up in 5 messages and she didn't flake. I've said the craziest things the most insane things that are so outrageous you wouldn't believe only to have women send me their phone number immediately after.

One thing I NEVER do is I never jump through "hoops". Rather, I try to disarm any implication that I'm a psycho right off the bat. Too much effort? On to the next match...

Just to update, I haven't been using Tinder much but last Sunday I had two dates lined up. The first girl ended up basically flaking on me. The second however, we met up for dessert and the chemistry was very intense to say the least. After we ended up driving to the beach which was amazing and then I stayed at her place for the remainder of the night and the next day. I'll just say I haven't had sex like that for almost a decade!

Just started using it but I like the application. It's pretty straightforward.

And like a previous poster, I'm not into fussing with jumping through hoops. Message, exchange digits and work on arranging a meet up. It's a pretty simple formula. I've always had success with "online dating site" introductions doing this.

• 5 months later...

So after a few months hiatus I'm back on Tinder. This time I've had much more 'luck' compared to last time...first few hours I had more matches than in a whole week before, not sure why, as I'm pretty much using the the same pics I met up with one last Sat night, as we both were pretty clear about what we wanted. I ended up drinking a bit more than expected at her house, so the night was interesting to say the least. I also met up with an attractive and intelligent woman on the Sunday for coffee and had a really great flowing conversation for almost two hours which was much longer than expected! we swapped numbers and she's interested to see me again

I've wrote my views on tinder elsewhere on this forum but for what its worth I think its a potentially poisonous app.

I got a over 1000 matches, mostly off some fantastically looking women, I was amazed with the results, met with a fair few, had fun with a few, fell for a few, but it always came back tot he same old thing.... waiting for someone better. Even after meeting the most amazing people I stayed on there, addicted or waiting for something better? probably a mixture of both.

In the end it consumed me, I lost sight of what I wanted in a girl, I was fed up of dating, I was fed up of the "un-natural" dates.

One night I had enough and deleted it, instantly I felt better and I mean instantly. As life would have it the very next day I met a girl in the old fashioned way and things have been great so far.

I dont regret using Tinder but I do regret the duration I stayed on it for. You have to be so careful with it and how it can control you and mess your head up.

I found it strange. EVERY SINGLE person i happened to like on there matched with me (which made me think that guys just swipe yes to everyone) but hardly anyone actually chats on there, it seems like guys just want the ego of getting a match, perhaps there are a few out there that are actually looking for something more than just an ego boost but v hard to find!

I found it strange. EVERY SINGLE person i happened to like on there matched with me (which made me think that guys just swipe yes to everyone) but hardly anyone actually chats on there, it seems like guys just want the ego of getting a match, perhaps there are a few out there that are actually looking for something more than just an ego boost but v hard to find!

I agree about the ego thing. A few never chatted, occasionally would send the odd "hi" with no desire to say anything more.

I matched with a few girls on there that I knew if I met them in a bar wouldnt give me the time of day but on here they matched, these tended to be the ones that wouldnt reply to messages and are on there for the ego boost. You know the type, ones that spend their days taking selfies all day and have the personality of a cold bowl of custard.

I met 2 girls off that app last winter - one was just a flat out (and gorgeous) "cool chick" and we had 2 fun dates. The other one, oh boy, WORST "date" I'd ever been on - looked nothing like her pics, acted NOTHING like she had "online" and after it was apparent nothing was going to come from it she did the fake call from a "friend that needs a ride home". I graciously went along with her story and got the he11 out of there.

After that I deleted the app and went with the paid dating sites, now I am burnt out on the entire online dating thing and am taking a break.

One of my friends goes on there just for the ego boost of getting matches & chatting, she says she has no intention of meeing up with anyone, seems pointless to me! But then she gets her validation from how many guys are paying her attention, i find it quite sad.

Yep I've come accross people like your friend before. Even at just the hint of meeting up... BAM! they immediately unmatched me. I'd say 90% of attractive girls under 24 are on there only to get their ego stroked and/or fishing for instagram and snapchat followers!

So after a few months hiatus I'm back on Tinder. This time I've had much more 'luck' compared to last time...first few hours I had more matches than in a whole week before, not sure why, as I'm pretty much using the the same pics I met up with one last Sat night, as we both were pretty clear about what we wanted. I ended up drinking a bit more than expected at her house, so the night was interesting to say the least. I also met up with an attractive and intelligent woman on the Sunday for coffee and had a really great flowing conversation for almost two hours which was much longer than expected! we swapped numbers and she's interested to see me again

Hey Mr. LFA, I forgot about this thread and actually looked at my post in it and laughed...I've come a long way since then.

My first 3 tinder dates, were blah, and my fourth one was an absolute winner. I took her out Kayaking, and long story short...5 months later I'm in love and found an awesome girlfriend. Even though the majority of girls are terrible on that app and not any kind of relationship material I ran into my girlfriend on there since she was just poking around and having terrible dates, and the stars aligned and two good people found each other.

Sounds like you have two good dates lately.

I would like to finish by saying I agree with everyone saying it's a terrible app, I wasn't going to date anymore from t here based on the last 3 dates, but I was showing a friend how it worked...matched with a girl, showed him how the conversations go...the conversation went incredibly well for demonstration purposes so I thought... "what the heck, I'll meet up with one more girl before I dump this crap" Some of my friends seen how good my girlfriend and I are... and start tindering in hopes of finding the same, everything is possible, but I feel incredibly lucky and don't really recommend it to anyone.

Haha. Awesome story. I've seen your posts about your gf...happy for ya pal!

But I stand by what I said in that Tinder is such a horrible app. I got a lot of matches, but many times the conversation either didn't go anywhere, or was just too vapid for me to care. I had one Tinder date that was a disaster, and deleted the app from my iPhone the next day. At least she paid for half the date

Haha. Awesome story. I've seen your posts about your gf...happy for ya pal!

But I stand by what I said in that Tinder is such a horrible app. I got a lot of matches, but many times the conversation either didn't go anywhere, or was just too vapid for me to care. I had one Tinder date that was a disaster, and deleted the app from my iPhone the next day. At least she paid for half the date

Usually everyone leaves Vegas losing money, but a few lucky suckers come out on top, so I feel as though it was a good accident in my life. I agree the app is terrible and am happy I (and her) are both really happy we don't have to do that, nor date. Not a big fan of either!

Usually everyone leaves Vegas losing money, but a few lucky suckers come out on top, so I feel as though it was a good accident in my life. I agree the app is terrible and am happy I (and her) are both really happy we don't have to do that, nor date. Not a big fan of either!

Honestly, I'm starting to believe more and more that finding a mutual and lasting connection with a great woman is akin to winning the lottery. I too am not a big fan of dating or those apps. Although the apps do net me FWB...so I suppose they serve some purposes...lol

If you screw things up with her, I will come out to San Diego and whoop yo' ass brotha! LOL

I dunno, I sort of have fun with it. I've had to deal with some SUPER flakey guys tho. Like, we'd have a date set up, or in the planning stage, and then... They disappear. Also, I live sort of near the big city in my area, but not really close enough to really date, for most people. So I end up matched with a lot of interesting people from the city, but then nothing comes from it cos they lose interest once they figure out what the distance is. Also, there's a lot of GUYS who do the instagram thing, not just girls.

But if someone messages me, I ALWAYS message back, but usually with the same amount of effort. If I just get a "hi", that's all the get back. And I'm definitely interested in meeting people I chat to, if they're not lame... Though most of the guys I've been chatting with either flake on me, or they lack the follow through to actually ASK me out. Haha.

but many times the conversation either didn't go anywhere, or was just too vapid for me to care.

yes I know EXACTLY what you mean. If they can't be bothered to keep the conversation going then I end up losing interest pretty quickly. I just had some girl match with me and I got one word in and then BAM she's disappeared off my match list...guess I just topped her ego back up to 100% so I was no longer needed lol

Don't know how much longer I can be bothered with this.

Archived