Tinder?

Mr_LFA

Just wondering if anyone uses Tinder on here? I didn't know much about it till the other week when my friend showed me on his phone. He said he's got a few 'matches' on there so I decided to try it myself. So after hitting the 'hot' button on what I'd estimate to be 200+ profiles of women over the span of a week or so, I've only had THREE matches, first one didn't even reply to a message, second blocked/deleted me for no apparent reason after a few brief messages (w.t.f?!) and the third seems pretty uninterested in having any kind of a decent conversation. Now while I'm not George Clooney and I don't think I put bad photos on there, I'm honestly surprised at the lack of 'matches' on there being such a superficial app really. I don't know if it's like this for every guy, but seems like a bit of a waste of time. Feels like it's just another attention seeking tool for young women going by some of the photos on there accompanied by nothing of substance written about themselves.

Any other experiences with Tinder?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard about it from the Olympics. Something about all the athletes use it, then they did a interview of some USA girl and she said she had to delete it so she can focus. Anyway, then I heard its for Hookups I am male and set mine for a 20 mile radius. Many on there but no one speaks. I did have one lady contact me but she was so not what I am interested in. Also what I don't like is that it doesn't tell you any details, such as height, weight....etc. Most seem to have up close face pics .

Also what I don't like is that it doesn't tell you any details, such as height, weight....etc. Most seem to have up close face pics .

Yes exactly, sometimes they write a random quote on there and sometimes there's nothing written at all! mostly just 'selfie' pictures in front of a mirror etc.

So I wouldn't be surprised if that USA olympics girl had the app blowing up her phone 24/7 in that case. lol

For me, it just seems like Tinder really is the definition of just a sheer numbers game...

I don't think so much of it. I tried it, not any more, but one month had 0 matches.

Tried it again, for fun I said I was looking for guys... pretty much every guy said yes haha

I think I have liked about 1000 women and only got 10 matches (3 are bots) and the rest disappear. Lots don't reply, some do then fall off the planet!

The way I see it, women left swipe everything, guys right swipe anything.. There is a funny video on youtube demonstrating this.

Shallow app indeed!

Also, i hear the word you need 50 Facebook friends.. I only have 35 so perhaps this is the case.. surely i am not THAT ugly haha, obvious I am compared to other guys my age (tall, tarts, big abs)

I'm on it. I think basically every guy says yes to every girl so girls get A LOT of matches. I'll be honest I would never meet up with someone from it. I don't get into conversations with people on it, it's just a bit of an ego boost and I think a lot of other girls on there would be feeling the same. Don't take it personally if a girl doesn't reply. I think most girls on there assume that most guys are just on it to meet up with girls and have sex. If you're actually looking for a partner I'd suggest other dating websites, tinder isn't the place really (though saying that I do know a couple who met on there.. it's just the luck of the draw I suppose!)

I was on it for a few, i had a few matches. I managed to talk to a serious blonde hottie, but when we talked on the phone i turned her off bad - she was so into me until we talked on the phone, lol. I was pretty tired from hanging out with my cousins so i was on serious introversion mode - and she was rushing to talk to me as fast as possible. I texted her the next day and she never replied back - so i left it at that, i didnt really like our phone conversation anyway.

The rest were eh, i dont think people are serious on there. Last girl denied my request to get her number, then she went on and kept chatting so i just ignored her after that, i dont ask twice.

I think the ratio of men to women on there is way disproportionate. It's just like normal internet dating, girls use it for an ego boast because they are bombarded by hundreds of guys hitting on them. just like what the other posted said that all guys are hitting yes so when women do hit yes it's a match and eventually they get flooded with people trying to talk to them. I've had it since Tuesday and have only received maybe 15 matches total, maybe a little more. I blocked some. I was a little disappointed. But Tinder isn't meant to be used seriously.

I signed up for Tinder in the fall looking for some entertainment one evening..never had any intention of meeting up with anyone. Just wanted to chat with some guys. Had lots of fun conversation with people. The next day I started talking to someone on there...we met up the next week...and now we are in a relationship. Have been in one for a little while. Don't rule it out..Tinder can work! I had zero expectations from the app.

I actually got a lot of matches on Tinder...I just didn't like the app very much. Maybe it's because I don't like to cold approach in real life that much? LOL...not having ANYTHING to go off of isn't really my thing. I'd rather read a girls' profile and at least know a few things about her before I message her.

I actually got a lot of matches on Tinder...I just didn't like the app very much. Maybe it's because I don't like to cold approach in real life that much? LOL...not having ANYTHING to go off of isn't really my thing. I'd rather read a girls' profile and at least know a few things about her before I message her.

Well, you sir, must either be very good looking or you have a great photographer LOL

I didn't like this cold approach either so I've discovered that since it sucks the data from facebook, it's very easy to find that person and what they're about by their first name and profile pic which is usually the Tinder one.

I think Tinder is great. I've had a number of dates, I've met cool people and made friends. I'm taking dance classes now because of one of the people I met.

Of course if you live in a small town it probably would work as well.

I think it's important to be very selective and only choose people you feel you'd enjoy meeting.

Never tried online dating and only thing I heard about the Tinder app was people were scary weird on it and was more used for a laugh then anything else. Lots of creepers? Sort of the same people using snap chat like to sue Tinder this is what I was told. No first hand knowledge though.

More Tinder girl antics...

So I ask for a girls number after she agreed to meet and she just wants me to add her to facebook - what's with that?

She may be using Facebook as a screening tool. I completely understand if you don't feel comfortable giving away your Facebook information to a stranger - but right before I met up with my current bf (from Tinder), I asked for his Facebook because I was so scared he was a fake/creep/etc, and it just gave me peace of mind that I was going to meet up with a real person.

Does she still have an interest in meeting up with you, or does she only care about your Facebook?

She may be using Facebook as a screening tool. I completely understand if you don't feel comfortable giving away your Facebook information to a stranger - but right before I met up with my current bf (from Tinder), I asked for his Facebook because I was so scared he was a fake/creep/etc, and it just gave me peace of mind that I was going to meet up with a real person.

Does she still have an interest in meeting up with you, or does she only care about your Facebook?

She was interested when I asked her yesterday and then I asked if she was going to be free today but she said no as she's going to watch the car racing (which I know she's into). So when I asked for her number so we could arrange another time, she didn't say 'yes' or 'no' but just add me to facebook. So I sent her a request and got the notification that she accepted today. So I'm really not sure if she's still interested in meeting without actually asking her directly - any tips?

BTW: I had a quick look at her facebook and she's actually written her number in a post, but I don't think it would be a good idea to contact her on it??

Most of the people I know that use it are my college friends who are females..a lot of them use it because they are bored and find it entertaining...the majority of them dont take it serious at all...but a few do but i dont think any of them have actually gone on more than a date or 2.

I started using tinder again, got a lot of matches just by changing up the main pic (used the pic i have on here as my avatar). Though most women on my match look to be white and over 6 feet tall.

Most women that I've matched are overweight and have kids. Lol

I've tried changing up the main pic but I don't seem to have any real good new pics.

Tinder definitely favors women over men and I think that is due to the fact that guys swipe right on pretty much every girl. I like the idea that only guys that you have said you are interested in can message you back, but there have been many times that I have accidentally swiped right or I might have taken it out while having a few drinks with friends and was just silly. I usually talk to a guy for a while on tinder and then ask them to add me on facebook when they ask for my number. I use it as a screening tool. One thing about me which I think a lot of women do (but shouldn't) is I won't take initiative and sometimes I'll even not answer. I wait until I'm sure you are completely interested and then I may agree to hang out in a public place.

the fact that guys swipe right on pretty much every girl.

Only the ones that are just looking to get laid and/or have very low standards. I'll probably 'reject' about 30% on there and that's even being generous.

facebook when they ask for my number. I use it as a screening tool.

Having to jump through hoops gets tiring

I won't take initiative and sometimes I'll even not answer

Sounds like too much attention gets tiring too

Archived