Tinder?

Mr_LFA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just to update the girl I met for coffee a few weeks back ended up fading out after she said she was interested in catching up again. Got a text saying something along the lines of she doesn't think shes up to dating at the moment. So we wished each other well and that's that!

The good news is I went on a couple of dates last Sunday. Met the first girl for coffee, (she's cute, slim, attentive and a 'good girl' type) had a good conversation despite a few awkward silences (possibly because I was hungover and tired lol) and went for a walk afterwards to the park where we sat down on the grass and talked some more. Throughout the two hour date she suggested at least twice that we should catch up again and at the end as well. We've been texting back and forward a few times and she's still very interested to see me again. But here's thing thing...

So that night I met the second girl for drinks at a bar. This girl is the epitome of your blonde short-ish girl next door type. She gave me hug as soon as she arrived which was nice. Quite quickly we discovered we had lots in common and after a drink or two there was a good amount of banter and innuendo as well and during the night she mentioned she only got back on Tinder after a while off it. We ended up staying for over three hours. When we were leaving we talked for a bit in the car park and hugged each other and gave her a kiss on the cheek and I said we should catch up again and she agreed although she seemed a tad aloof. She texted me as soon as I got home asking me if I got home ok (I lived a lot further from the bar) then we exchanged a couple of texts and wished each other goodnight. The thing is I still can't quite work her out as she seems to be playing it very cool indeed. Needless to say I really like her but her aloofness at the end of the date threw me off a little.

I just started using Tinder and I think it's hilarious. My friend and I take screenshots of the ridiculous profiles we see and send them to each other. I sadly see a lot of guys who are obviously married or in relationships and have kids. I also awkwardly see people I know, including the guy I just stopped seeing who ended up being a jerk. I figure it can't hurt that badly to keep trying though, right? It's no different than any online dating site (or anyone you meet randomly, really) and at least here you don't get messages from people you have zero interest in. I have my first Tinder date this weekend, so we'll see how that goes.

I just started using Tinder and I think it's hilarious. My friend and I take screenshots of the ridiculous profiles we see and send them to each other. I sadly see a lot of guys who are obviously married or in relationships and have kids. I also awkwardly see people I know, including the guy I just stopped seeing who ended up being a jerk. I figure it can't hurt that badly to keep trying though, right? It's no different than any online dating site (or anyone you meet randomly, really) and at least here you don't get messages from people you have zero interest in. I have my first Tinder date this weekend, so we'll see how that goes.

me & my friends do that too, some profiles are so funny!!

I honestly think it's a much less wooden/serious approach to meet someone online. And you normally have friends in common which for me, is a plus. It's kind of like meeting someone in a bar - you can't expect much but sometimes you do meet a special one.

Exactly. I prefer the casualness of it compared to conventional online dating - feels more realistic to me. And the friends in common has helped me once where one woman I was involved with ended up being bad news.

The common friend has helped me too. I'll usually look the up on Facebook before swiping right and I've found out that some of them are in relationships or just questionable lol. I have an issue with all virtual dating because they all use distance of course and I live close to Canada. It's hard to decipher who lives in the US!

Exactly. I prefer the casualness of it compared to conventional online dating - feels more realistic to me. And the friends in common has helped me once where one woman I was involved with ended up being bad news.

I only went on 1 tinder date. I moved to nyc in early July and decided to use the app for fun since I was in a new city. Matched with this guy 2 weeks after my move, we went on our first date on July 25th and have been dating ever since. It hasn't been long but I've never dated anyone who feels so right for me. We see each other 4-5x a week and just went on our first getaway to Florida this past weekend. Granted his brother went to grad school with me and I knew before our first date he came from a very nice family. I have over 50 friends in common with his brother who is his best friend and they all had nice things to say about him. I was never close to his bro as he was a year above me, but know he is a great guy.

I mean, I've always thought I was "too cool" for online dating and swore I'd never go there. Well, met an amazing guy whom I see a lot of long term potential. It can end tomorrow? Yes. Too early to be sure. But we are very happy together and this was a very eye opening experience for me not to judge different outlets of meeting people. Like I said, I haven't felt so happy and content in the startups of a relationship ever. And I met the kid on tinder.

Archived