Facebook vs Enotalone

flower888

That is why I deleted mine. I found myself becoming very angry with people for things they posted. Mostly my Aunt with political views she throws down your throat, and tells you why you are wrong.

Things like that got old and I didn't enjoy the feeling I got every time I logged on.

If you're worried about losing touch with certain people get their phone number/e-mail.

Just delete Facebook. You will feel so much better.

That is why I deleted mine. I found myself becoming very angry with people for things they posted. Mostly my Aunt with political views she throws down your throat, and tells you why you are wrong.

Things like that got old and I didn't enjoy the feeling I got every time I logged on.

If you're worried about losing touch with certain people get their phone number/e-mail.

Just delete Facebook. You will feel so much better.

Get out of touch with people - you'll feel a lot better if you don't actually know how they think.

Learning to accept or at least tolerate opinions you find so completely off the wall is truly the beginning to understanding and appreciating the other people around you. Yes, there are a number I have rather lengthy discussions with on subjects, but we know where we stand on issues.

If you become angry at people or the things they post, maybe you need to take a step back and look not at Facebook but within yourself and really ask yourself why you're getting so angry, and then, perhaps do a little soul searching so you don't let other people's opinions make you so angry. Because there will come a time when you will open up in person with another person, over your views, and this weakness of yours makes you a ticking time bomb should anyone ever troll you out deep enough where you get baited into becoming passionate about your platform and your point of view.

I've seen it happen, and I've seen people exchange some really nasty sentiments because their views were so different on subjects that were otherwise nothing to do with our organization.

Facebook is nothing but people expressing themselves. It's up to you to learn how to handle knowledge.

I disagree with this. I think friendship requires tolerance, patience and empathy. But not all ways of expressing opinions are created equal. I don't appreciate when people share strong opinions by posting them on Facebook and I don't want to get involved in that kind of debate, especially political. And it can be frustrating to see narrow minded or prejudicial opinions posted in that way. It can be far different if you're having lunch with someone and she shares a strong opinion but in a way and in a tone that acknowledges that it's a strong opinion and for the purpose of getting input to see if she should keep or perhaps modify her opinion. Very different scenario despite both involving strong opinions. There's very little to be learned from the first situation (other than it's best to avoid and not get stressed out) and so much to be learned from the second, in the context of a close or potentially close friendship.

So you learn how to read strong opinions and NOT react to them. But you don't learn to do this by shutting those opinions away and closing a blind eye to them.

It's simple reading comprehension, English is a very low context language unlike some languages where those cues are actually important. What's sad to me is the fact that this country has slipped to about an average 8th grade reading level, and has no shame to shoot lower.

The first situation is a learning tool for learning how to react [and how not to react] that will make interaction in person more meaningful.

Archived