16-year old hopeless romantic with no money, transportation, parents' consent.

R3d Anonymous

LOL, so awkward! That's out of the question man - at least early on.

Would it be a good idea for me to be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave?

I'll say yes because then it seems like you're being like a gentleman, waiting for her to arrive and making sure she's going home. But this isn't exactly necessary if your parents are driving you there so maybe the arrival is just... Eh, it's your parents' decision.

If you're concerned about safety, is it in a safe neighborhood?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL, so awkward! I mean, just TALKING about this subject with my parents is borderline. But actually have them see her??? With me??? Sorry, for my whole life (and they know this), one of the things I absolutely hate is talking to other people in front of my parents. I don't like it. It's extremely awkward for me and I can't freely express myself. This is why I always dread what I am going to do years down the line when my girlfriend is going to force me to invite her over my place, which is something we will need to address if I actually end up getting myself in to a relationship (SOMEHOW). So, that's out of the question man.

Would it be a safe idea for me to be the first one to arrive and the last one to leave, but we both have our own transportation?

So just wait until you are 30 before you tell your parents you want to date. People here have give you a lot of good advice but you just choose to ignore it. So it sounds like what you want to do is have your parents drop you off somewhere and meet up with this girl secretly so your parents don't know you want to date girls. If that's what you want go for it and see how it works out. I think people here will stop giving you advice when you just hear what you want to hear.

No no no. You misunderstood. My parents will still definitely know if I am dating her. It's just that I don't want THEM or anyone else with us on our date - and honestly, I think they shouldn't have a problem with that exact thing because they know I hate talking to other people in front of them (just a quirk about me - I hate my parents being present when I am with my friends/girls/or even just making small talk with someone).

You do group outings to be able to go have fun and get to know people. That way, you interact with girls in a low pressure situation and find out if there is enough there for both of you to mutually want to go out with eachother alone. There is no privacy needed. You are not going to kiss her or bring her a dozen roses and bringing her to a piano bar while they play your "song" and you eat fondue. You have little to know experience with girls and because of that you need to simply get to know girls so they are not on a pedestal or scary creatures. When you can interact naturally with them in a group, the better off you will be and the less pressure there is.

If you happen to go out with her or meet her somewhere one on one the first time, then great if that works out, but if you get to see her outside of school over a longer period of time, sure, there is risk of ending up "just friends" but there is greater success at not fumbling so nervously when the two of you actually go out together.

You are way overthinking this. You can have your folks drop you at the mall and meet her there in whatever way she sees fit - her older sibling, parents, other friends. It doesn't matter.

Also, keep in mind the age that she is and you are, she might not be ready to "date."

You are making excuses because you only want to see her outside of school in a very specific way - a formal date - rather than getting the first step - getting to do something with her that is nothing that dramatic - and then going from there.

Archived