So, there's this guy in my gyim class...

Jennifer89

I know I sound like I'm in middle school here. I am a college student, and I am taking weight training. There's this guy in my weight training class who on the second day, we had to get our measurements, and he offered to help... which, you know, you have to measure some uncomfortable places, but he was really cool and casual about it and I didn't mind, and I did the same for him. Well anyway, he seemed interested in me, and he's not my normal type but I do feel attracted to him... we'll say that he's my "eye candy" when I'm lifting weights, haha. Well so today I logged onto plenty of fish for the first time in months, and he as a profile up.

So, should I just wait and see if he shows any more interest in me? I know that you are normally suppose to let the guy "chase" the girl. I just wonder if he'll see my online profile. We are the only two students taking two gym classes this semester with the same coach, so sometimes we chat about that, but honestly, the goal is to LIFT WEIGHTS, not to date.

If he shows interest, is it one of those things like "don't date a coworker"? Bad idea?

We have class together three days per week and pass each other in the gym the other two days.

I feel like for something like a class, especially a PE type class, it's not much of a big deal to be interested in a guy who's also in it or to consider dating him.

And I don't think you really have to just leave it all to chance, you could maybe drop some subtle hints and see if he takes the bait? And try to get to know him more and see if he does show more of an interest?

So he is in the field but you aren't sure if your his type based on what you have said so far, otherwise i think he would have already made that known by asking you out. I think your best bet is to play it by ear and let him take the lead, if he is into you he will ask you out. Otherwise, i would say you could get him into you by subtle flirting but more than that i wouldn't advise. It's really easy to tell if i guy is into you based on how much attention he pays to you with his eyes and other body movements.

I am somewhat of a gym rat and what I have done when I have known guys I had some interest in before is say something like "oh I was going to hit the treadmill before I go, want to come?" If they accept some offer like that, I offer my contact information when we finish (if he hasn't already inquired) so he can get in touch if he'd like to work out again. I really have just written down my # and given it to guys so they can call me if they'd like to work out (I always specify workout or something at the gym, never a date or anything). I've never had a relationship develop that way but definitely dates and friendship have occurred as a result. Plus, if I have good rapport already with them at the gym, I don't want to make things awkward. But I think it's completely fine to show some interest in spending time with him at the gym, even if it's just to show you how to use a machine because that has opened the door for me in the past for a little bit more.

Archived