Is it fine to approach your neighbours?

diamondhead

Just curious. I know I have been yapping a lot lately. But the problem is, I feel like I am in a sea of girls and can't even get one. That's kinda crappy.

Seriously, I live in apartments and three of my neighbours are hot girls! The situation just couldn't be better. One girl is like, actress hot! I just talked to her a bit and I got so nervous, I felt like she was judging me or something. She is a 10 on the scale. I don't like to say such things but just to explain the situation. I have never been in such a situation where I am surrounded by so many hot girls.

All I am doing nowadays is try to think of what the neighbour girls are doing, whether they have guys at their place and so on. Yesterday one of the girls had some party (I am not invited of course and I couldn't concentrate on my work.

So with this situation and the party girls situation, I am going nuts figuring out a way to do something.

Is it appropriate to maybe engage in some small talk with the neighbours(with intention of dating) or is it inappropriate?

It's not inappropriate as long as you can take a single "no" as all the no that's required.

But by the sounds of it you're desperate, will act desperate and will blow it, making an awkward situation for yourself and the girls.

None of them appear to be interested in you and all you appear to be interested in is making the most of your enforced physical proximity. That's kinda creepy (of course I could be misinterpreting).

Is there anything , bar your geographic proximity to hot girls, that makes you think this is something you might want to do? Because you won't get any bonus points for living in the same building.

I don't think they are but I haven't really talked to them. I have not talked to one of those girls AT ALL. I am not too interested in her though. The other two, hell yes. But since I haven't really talked a lot with them, I guess I don't see any attraction from their side.

It just seems kinda crappy to waste all this potential. Too many girls around me and I can't really make any progress.

Might want to ask yourself why that is. The mere existence of girls doesn't equate to potential and I think that the fact you don't see that might be one of the problems.

Are you likeable? Socially enjoyable? Do you have anything to offer them that might make them want to spend time with you or get with you?

Have you ever considered this stuff? Do you even care?

Might want to figure yourself out and start working on things that will make girls want to be with you, because that's the only way it's going to happen. Go out, spend some time with disposable girls in disposable situations, get some experience with talking to women and figure out how to make them laugh, how to engage them socially. With that will come confidence and with that, the knowledge that you're worth being with from a female's perspective. That knowledge is a huge part of getting a girl to want you.

In this instance, and I'm saying this for your sake as much as theirs, it might be better to hold off, at least until after you've got something to bring to the table. If it goes pear-shaped (and I suspect it will) then I imagine that having to share awkwardly-averted looks every time you pass one another in the corridors will get real old, real fast.

What do you know about these women as people? Other than you think they are "hot" what else if anything attracts you? Sure you can make small talk - there are upsides and downsides of course.

Part of me wants to suggest that you wait until you can see them as people or at least "women" rather than "hot girls" - are you still a boy?

What do you know about these women as people? Other than you think they are "hot" what else if anything attracts you? Sure you can make small talk - there are upsides and downsides of course.

Part of me wants to suggest that you wait until you can see them as people or at least "women" rather than "hot girls" - are you still a boy?

Unless I get to know them, how can I know anything else? Right?

Unless I get to know them, how can I know anything else? Right?

That is true but your main motivation seems to be that they are "hot girls". I actually can tell from being around someone that they seem like nice/good people. If your main motivation is "hot girl" I'd have some concerns -not the worst reason but certainly not a great sign that you're looking for more than a fling. And again why are they "girls"? Are they children or teenagers?

... your main motivation seems to be that they are "hot girls". I actually can tell from being around someone that they seem like nice/good people. If your main motivation is "hot girl" I'd have some concerns -not the worst reason but certainly not a great sign that you're looking for more than a fling.

I agree. It doesn't seem like his attitude is on straight. You sound like a kid in a candy store ... not really seeing women for who they are. There are women everywhere, not just hot ones. But I suspect the 'hot' ones will have a lot of experience with men who are neighbors with a similar attitude.

That is true but your main motivation seems to be that they are "hot girls". I actually can tell from being around someone that they seem like nice/good people. If your main motivation is "hot girl" I'd have some concerns -not the worst reason but certainly not a great sign that you're looking for more than a fling. And again why are they "girls"? Are they children or teenagers?

No eww they are older. Above 21. Well I just thought they were young enough to be called girls. Well, I am attracted, maybe I didn't put in a perfect way.

No eww they are older. Above 21. Well I just thought they were young enough to be called girls. Well, I am attracted, maybe I didn't put in a perfect way.

Yes, I was probably too harsh. I sense from your posts that you view adult women first as "hot girls" (or not hot, as the case may be) and everything else -who they are as people, their interests/values/goals is a distant, secondary or worse priority. That's not unusual I suppose but since you seem to want more than a fling perhaps put yourself in environments where your contact with women is first on a meaningful/substantive level and your admiration for their "hotness" is secondary. When you meet someone you have things in common with I doubt that you'll want to refer to as "that hot girl".

Archived