Do I have to chase now?

Jackiebear8659

The story of how we got together was right out of a movie, at least that's what every single person I've told this crazy love story to has said. We dated and lived together for almost 2 years. Anyone who knows our story agrees that maybe we'll find each other again, when were older haha. The circumstances as to why an 18 year old girl moved in with a 21 year old may sound a little crazy and I definitely agree that it was too much too soon. We were both young, naive, selfish, insecure, and immature young adults with hormones raging and eventually we drifted apart, to the point where I would stay at a friend's as much as I could to get away from him. Our biggest issue was the constant power struggle, he wanted me home in bed early but yet he was out til 5, 6, 7 in the morning. I lost myself in the relationship and was dying for independence. We broke up but still lived together, and I went out and eventually started dating someone new and moved out. Soon after the breakup we tried getting back together but fell back into the same patterns. It's been a year since we've tried or even seen each other, yet we always tend to run into each other somehow someway. He texted me about a month ago and asked me on two or three different occasions to take me out for a drink and I turned him down because I already had plans. The holidays have always been a difficult time for me because I had always spent it with him and his family, so to cope I go out and and drink a lot, only this time I wound up drunk texting him that I loved him and wanted him back etc. He didn't take it bad and actually responded saying he missed me a lot too. But I feel embarrassed for all of that and feel like that may have pushed him away, as we have barely talked, he hasn't really mentioned anything about going for drinks again, and when we do talk its only in spurts and then he'll suddenly stop responding. The person I thought I knew better than anyone else in this world has me perplexed. I will say, I don't regret absolutely anything I've said and for sure he wasn't mad or upset about from what I saw in his response but I have no idea what to make of it. It's killing me. Help?

.....eventually we drifted apart, to the point where I would stay at a friend's as much as I could to get away from him. Our biggest issue was the constant power struggle, he wanted me home in bed early but yet he was out til 5, 6, 7 in the morning. I lost myself in the relationship and was dying for independence.

This is the part you need to focus on. It doesn't matter what romantic beginning you had or what people thought. They don't know the story behind the closed doors and real life is not like the romantic stories.

There is really nothing to make of this. You drunk texted him, that was a mistake. Nice of him to respond kindly, but that's were things stop. You are done for all kinds of reasons and need to stay done and keep moving on. By the way, delete his number so you don't drunk text him again and wind yourself up like this again. It just stops you from healing and moving on.

Archived