Need Advice!!

azedd613

So I met this amazing guy through a social network over a month ago and we instantly clicked and have so much In common however we live in different cities so we haven't met as of yet. We have texted back and forth every day for about a month now with good mornings and goodnights (it was mostly him initiating that at first) and send cute pictures of one another/songs/videos to each other and last week he really opened up to me and we had a really deep and heavy convo about things we've gone through in our lives. Ever since that conversation though he's been distant and doesn't text me as much and on Christmas day I messaged him wishing him and later on that night after midnight he texted me goodnight ..we didn't talk the following day and I messaged him the day after and he responded immediately and then afterwards didn't bother to reply to me...is it just me or does it seem weird that he's not wanting to talk as much anymore? Has he lost interest? Maybe it's another girl? I don't know what to think really. And even though we don't talk everyday now he'll still comment on and like posts I have made on a social network. What are your guys' thoughts?

He said he has friends where I live and wanted to come up sometime and I told him we could meet then. Wasn't anything definite though. Guess I'll see how things are the next 2 weeks and take it from there. Wouldn't have thought he would open up to me like that though if he didn't care?

I don't think this is confusing. Unless and until you have specific plans to meet in person this is simply someone you're chatting with -it's perhaps a developing friendship but that's it. Perhaps he met someone in person who lives closer by and would prefer to get to know that person. It would be nice if he let you know that but he doesn't need to since you two are just chatting. My advice is keep the chatting to a week or so at most and then unless you have specific plans to meet in person in the near future, keep the chatting to a minimum or move on.

If you do have plans to meet I still wouldn't chat too much beforehand -get to know the person in person not through typing. For now, he's basically a stranger for dating purposes -you have no idea if you'll have in-person chemistry (and looks are the least of it). It also could be that he wasn't honest about who he is or aspects of his life and so he's backing off. Could be anything and that's the risk you take when you chat for this long, get attached, and don't have plans to meet -chalk it up to a fun time getting to know an interesting person. If he contacts you again then make a plan to meet ASAP.

Archived