Decode women for me.

1qaz3edc

Call me nieve but...I hang out with this gorgeous girl once in a while-we chat about relationships mostly and philosophies on anything and everything. It was always fairly comfortable. We've been flirty, but recently when we make plans she ensures there are other people there (ie. asking me to invite others or inviting others herself). The interactions are still flirty, but she really strives to make sure that we've not alone together. Am I in the friend zone? Maybe she thinks i'm a creep? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like friend zone, I have been there. If you have a girl you talk about relationships with, you're usually friend zoned(at least in my experience). Maybe just ask her out and make it clear it's a date. If she says no, on to the next one.

Call me nieve but...I hang out with this gorgeous girl once in a while-we chat about relationships mostly and philosophies on anything and everything. It was always fairly comfortable. We've been flirty, but recently when we make plans she ensures there are other people there (ie. asking me to invite others or inviting others herself). The interactions are still flirty, but she really strives to make sure that we've not alone together. Am I in the friend zone? Maybe she thinks i'm a creep? Any advice would be appreciated.

You are in the friend zone. She's flirty because she likes the attention. Decoded, and there's no tipping

We've been flirty, but recently when we make plans she ensures there are other people there.

Next time this happens, just ask why? This will diffuse any confusion and confirm any doubts about the zone you are in. If she starts being a B word about it, or stuttering or making excuses then you know where you stand.

Flirty can be misinterpreted so try not to be bitter about it, as most guys are who find themselves "friend zoned". Being flirty is open to interpretation so there is no way to know if she is just being friendly, or if she secretly deep down wants to sleep with you. Look at actions, not words. She never wants you two to be alone together but it doesn't mean she see's you as creepy - she may just know how you feel about her and not want to lead you on by inviting other friends you can interact with as well as her.

The best way to be sure is to have an open discussion with her. I know I've kept guys in the friend zone before, not because I wasn't interested romantically, but because I don't like being the one who makes the first move. I think a lot of women are like that, and if you're the shy type it could last a while as she probably won't get that you're trying to get closer, or she'll pass it off as friendship.

The risk for you, if you do open up and tell her how you feel (I'm guessing you have feelings for her, right?) is that she might tell you she doesn't feel the same way, and then the friendship could get weird. You need to weigh the pros & cons of that up first... good luck!

I know I've kept guys in the friend zone before, not because I wasn't interested romantically, but because I don't like being the one who makes the first move. I think a lot of women are like that

Not necessary, women will give clues to a man to make moves on them. They are not going to act interested and then avoid situations where things can progress. It's one thing to flirt and lead a guy on hoping that he makes a move, its another to flirt because you are lonely and want attention or ego boosting, with no intention to progress.

It's one thing to flirt and lead a guy on hoping that he makes a move, its another to flirt because you are lonely and want attention or ego boosting, with no intention to progress.

I agree. But it takes two to tango. When I met my current boyfriend, I wasn't sure how he felt about me, and so I just played it casual and friendly. I wanted us to develop a solid friendship, and if something came of it, great, if not, still great. I clearly liked him, but I didn't want to jump into things. And I didn't want to initiate anything. In the end, he was the one who told me how he felt, and only then did I tell him I felt the same way. I don't know if this girl in question is playing hard to get, or just looking for attention, but I know that in some cases, especially after having been through a breakup/romantic disappointment, it's not uncommon for some women to want to build a friendship with someone before a romance... food for thought.

Archived