Got my final result! - now what?

So... I got my final results from uni!

As I am going by England marking - highest you can achieve is a First - 70+%

Then 2.1 - 60-69%

2.2 - 50-59%

Third - 40-49%

My final year project is a 2.1 at 63%, overall I have a 2.2 degree classification, which considering all the issues I've faced health wise and academically before this, I am very happy with!

But, now I have to find a masters course which will accept me with a 2.2, most universities don't accept lower than a 2.1 which is frustrating.. oh well a couple years voluntary work and try and find a way in. But I will get there!

First of all, well done !

Second..are you sure you won't be accepted with a 2.2? Masters courses are quite pricey and many universities are unfortunately businesses too that want your money. I think you should apply anyway. Otherwise voluntary work as you mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Where does life go to now?

So.. I finished uni.. I am graduating with a 2.2 degree. This means theres limited job prospects for me and also means limited masters courses for me to choose from. Basically I am stuck.

I have achieved everything I set out to do in life. I went to uni, I proved everyone who said I was never going to get anywhere in life wrong.

But now, what is there to look forward to? I have very few goals left to reach for me. I'm too ill to really get a job,like right now, I am ill with an ear infection and sore throat, and I get these ear infections monthly.

I cant do a masters in this state of health anyway, I wouldn't be able to succeed, theres nothing that can be done in terms of my health. I am frustrated with how my life seems to be going, a direction of which I have no control over.

She gets annoyed with me when I've been in my PJ's all day,but I don't see the point in making clothes dirty when all I am going to be doing is sitting on my backside researching for jobs or education.

I never anticipated university life ending, it all felt like a dream. I never made a real plan for after uni.

Most of my uni friends are off doing masters, and PGCE's, I may do that, just to do something in the mean time.. I've no idea. I'm not worthy, or intelligent enough. I hate this.

I also have nothing to live for right now. I want a relationship, but I don't see the point in one when I have nothing to offer and no idea where my life will take me. I don't want to enter a relationship when I can't seem to look after myself right now.

Aw sweetness !

It is so common to feel this way after uni. University is in some way a bubble, a protected environment and things are way more chaotic in the real world. Would you consider doing an MA part time? Maybe even do it online at your own time if you think your health issues will get in the way.

It sounds like you're in a bit of a hole today. I am also unemployed at the moment and I get that feeling useless sometimes, hate the lack of money etc but get into proper clothes everyday, DEFINITELY do that, it helps in a way I can't fully explain. Go for a little walk 2-3 times a week too. Don't overworry yourself with being in a relationship and whatnot. It's normal to feel lost after uni..Try not to put yourself down, it's all gonna fall into place in time. What kind of jobs are you looking for? Would you consider volunteering?

Thanks quirky. It really is a protective bubble, and I miss that, that knowledge of what you're doing for the next 3 or so years, the structure, Monday Tuesday Wednesday in class, got this work to do for thursday, got that to do for next tuesday, best get this part of the project done.. etc.. But now I've been plunged into a dark scary world, living with mum feeling like a child haha.. I pay one bill for my mum to help out, cause job seekers isn't very much. I've gotta pay off my overdraft too, luckily its not too scary so.. Just gotta get there and do it. Life is lost.

I should, I know I should... But to sit in them, in the house/garden seems pointless, but I know it isn't going to help this feeling of - lost.

I'm looking for voluntary work and paid work, looking for anything and everything at the moment, but somethings I cant do, for health reasons and hearing reasons.. I cant work in a factory, due to my hearing, and I cant understand accents very well, so in a factory environment I would be at risk, and a risk. I also cant do night shifts, partly to do with health. I cannot for the life of me sleep during the day, and I know the dangers of screwing with the sleep cycle due to researching it for my project.

I would do it part time, depends on how often I'd been in doing it full time, as if I did it full time and was only in 2 days a week, its silly to do it part time.

Still feeling down and lost. Not sure what to do about it. Just gotta keep trudging along I suppose. I'm still in a far better position than I ever have been before.

Thank you for your post, I did mean to reply sooner but my heads been all over the place.

Goal today - GET DRESSED, cook dinner for mother, tidy bedroom...

Ugh, it all sounds like far too much... But wont be motivated to do anything else if I cant manage to get this done. Righto...

Archived