His girlfriend may contact me anytime. Should I reply to her anything?

I've dated this guy abroad for 5 months, but we didn't became an official couple. However we were classmates at the university and F-buddies with romantic elements in public. We had the most romantic mutual time through all those 5 months. We travelled everywhere, we spent every single moment together, we had dinners, sleepovers at my place, etc. However, I've never been at his house, so I had a suspicion that he might be married or engaged. He told me he was single. Still, we couldn't be together because 5 months later I've finished my studies, left the country and never returned. He cried during that time and said he will never forget me. Ever.

5 months later he removed me from his FB friendlist. I asked him why and never got any reply, so I just forgot him and moved on. 1 year later (today) I've got a message from him saying: "Hey, had my girlfriend contacted you recently? If she does, tell her you don't know me and that we were only classmates at the university. I wish you good luck." I wanted to reply that I haven't heard from him in 1 year and that no-one contacted me recently, but he was already BLOCKED me. I just found out that he HAD a girlfriend and I assumed that she probably found our lovey-dovey photos on his phone or from old FB conversations or old SMS messages to make some kind of jealousy scene. Why else should she contact me 1 year later?

So, IF his girlfriend contacts me - should I reply and lie that I don't know him or should I NOT reply and ignore her message by letting them to solve the things out themselves?

I'm going to go against the crowd and say, if she contacts you and asks you questions, I don't think you should lie. Her BF, whom she thought was loyal apparently was not. If he's going so low as to contact you after all this time and tell you to *lie* to cover his arse (then blocks you) -- eff that. If he did this with you and deceived you (or you just never looked too hard), he's either doing it again or will do it again and she needs to know that for her own health. You didn't know he was in a relationship, you didn't do anything "wrong", he's the one who broke a promise to someone. If she chooses to stay with him knowing that he's a cheater/they work on working it out, on her own head be it. And, if I were you I'd get an STD test just to be sure you're OK.

Archived