A day in your life...

ATLstudent

I am curious about what other people do with their day today. What are you doing to day hour by hour, minute by minute. Physically mentally, go into as much detail as you like. I would love to hear from people and get an idea what other people are doing today.

I'll start with me.

Late night so -

-I slept in until 10 ( I would've slept longer since I didn't get in until 430 but I had to get up and return a rental car).

-got up, used the bathroom, and got dressed in the clothes I wore last night. T shirt and blue jeans.

-went downstairs briefly said hi to my roommate/landlord. Left the house and got in my rental car.

- drove rental car to a nearby gas station to fill it with gas and clean out trash on the inside from a week. (My brother was visiting and we rented a car all week to get around LA)

- drove rental car into nearby Griffith Park, drove almost to the observatory and turned around ( about 10:45 so I needed to start headed to rental car return)

-on the way to rental car lot I stopped in work to check my schedule for the week, and saw I was off today! Said hello to some co workers, met the new guy and got back in my car.

-drove to the rental lot. parked and took paper work inside, waited on employee to inspect the car and come back.

- she then gave me the total and I gave her my credit /bank card to pay....we small talked about the week and my brother visiting. Also saw another employee who saw me when we first rented it( he picked us up from home and drove us to the rental lot) we caught up.

-female employee who helped me this time asks if i need a lift back anywhere, I thought and took a beat and said yes.

- she drove me back, we had civilized small talk the way back.

-got back and went to bed room, took off jeans and shirt, I laid on my bed.

- shut eyes and laid and relaxed.

-got on iPhone and looked up Pictures of the demon from the movie Insidious, looked up interview with director, checked film sites, looked up trailer for Insidious 2.

- friend from a 12 step program SLAA called and we talked, bad reception. ( talked about behavior and how we were doing today ....I found myself needed to create contend to talk about, I don't let myself be alot when I am not seeking something or working on something, relaxing in bed I felt like I was doin nothing, or wasting my day off.

-started wondering what i wanted to do today, found myself with no strong impulses for anything specific. Thought about different activites.

- got on enotalone and wanted to know how my day compares to

Others.

- posted this thread

It's now 12:15 ( planning on staying in bed for longer, feeling good laying, relaxed.)

Heres my day so far

-Wake up

-Shower

-Dress

-Drink Coffee

-Brush Teeth

-Get into car

-Turn on radio

-Drive to work while listening to usually hilarious morning show (it was lame this morning)

-Arrive at work

-Greet Co-Workers

-Sit at monday morning meeting

-Get work for day.

-Work work work

-Lunch - Bagel with ham & cheese and a vitamin water.

-Work Work Work

-Go home (listening to radio once again)

-Get home

-Make quick supper

-Surf internet - Enotalone -

-Post about my day!

....This is a typical day for me, except some days i meet up with friends or go for a ride after supper.

Nothing out of the ordinary happens to me as my work schedule is 9-5 monday to friday.

This is not my "typical" day; I'm a teacher just finished with summer school, so I have more "free" time right now:

--Get up (7:00 a.m.)

--Get workout clothes on, brush hair, wash face, deoderant, etc.

--Appointment with personal trainer (one hour)

--Grocery shopping at Trader Joe's

--Breakfast

--Wash dishes/load dishwasher

--Clean up kitchen

--Miscellaneous cleaning: Vacuuming, sweeping, making bed, throwing out trash, cleaning litter box

--Check e-mails

--More cleaning

--Shower

--Errands (in sloppy clothes, hair wet -- whoo hooo!)

--Internet (where I am now)

Next is laundry and grading my students' finals for my summer school classes. Grading will take up most of the rest of my day, save for dinner, a bit of laundry, and a favorite TV program or two. Early bedtime for me tonight, I think -- exhausted!

Got up, went and had lunch with my BF at his job site (it's my day off), then came home, worked on my resume, applied for three internships and called/emailed about three more, then watched a video on link removed about resumes and job searches. Now I'm drinking coffee, gearing up for Zumba with a friend.

Cool. I wish we could ask these questions to celebrities, business moguls....etc. it's just interesting to see.

Spotti Otti and Browned Eyes Girl, you are reminding me to workout! I need to join a class or something. Spotti I also respect the career things your doing , that should be in my day as well.

I would like to detail work as a specific section, having people go through the minute they walk in to the minute they walk out.'

4:45 woke after falling asleep shortly after posting the thread.

Tonight I am planning for a figure drawing workshop that located really close. B4 that I am thinking about showering and going to get something to eat for dinner.

- Woke up shortly after noon (this is bad, I know, but I stay up until the wee hours of the morning)

- Wrote two articles for a freelance client

- Did a really short assignment for my summer class

- Applied for more freelance jobs and also goofed around online for awhile

- Started working on a story I'm writing, half finished

- Watched some tv

- Showered at 10 pm lol

- Checked to see if anyone had hired me (not yet)

- Did a really short workout

And that brings me to now. I will be doing stuff online the rest of the night, while looking for more freelance jobs. If someone hires me, I'll do whatever job they give me to do, which will likely be proofreading since most of the ones I applied to are proofreading.

Just to finish my day..

-.I got up and showered after my second post(probably surfed movie sites and reddit for a bit, maybe a dating site too).

-walked into town, got a salad at a

Cafe.

-went to ATM for art meetup

- went to figure drawing art group @7.

- got out @10 , went to Starbucks for a frappchino(not gonna look that up).

-walked to Late night AA meeting.

-1:15 walked home.

- took long way around corner so I could walk by gay club that hosts a transgender night Mondays. ( thought about going in but wasn't in the bed, wondered if that decision was fear based) ( not always comfortable with my trans attractions)(feel judged)

-got close to home @ 1:25

THIS GETS INTEResting!!!

-walking down sidewalk to house and see a peeping Tom outside the window ( window is lite and I see his silioutte. This was a

Problem 3 weeks ago when a neighbor saw a peeping Tom, called the police and alerted us...he ran away b4 cops came previously.)( my landlady is always in the living room late and keeps lights on , he was looking at her)

-I turn the corner casually ( I see him turn his head sideways and get a profile view of his silioutte.) ( he has medium length straight hair possibly white or Hispanic.)

-I call 911 at 1:30.

-I walk away from scene down the street ...

To be continued..

-woke up 8am, showered, got ready for work, dropped off boyfriend

-arrived at office, reviewed some files, did some medical chart reviewing for work at the hospital

-stopped at a clothing store on the way home...totally on work time but i don't care

-was going to go to the gym at lunch but didn't

-wrote reports all afternoon

-soon i will go home, pick up boyfriend, go for a run, eat supper, and then clean my eavestroughs

-and during all this....constantly considering my career, constantly feeling dissapointed in my life and work circumstances, constantly anxious about soon house purchase, day dreaming about upcoming engagement, getting really stressed about throwing a bachelorette party for my friend, chatting with my boyfriend online...

Archived