Text my Ex?

paperboy48

I broke up with my girlfriend of seven months, three weeks ago. For those who do not know of my story… unfortunately she was “my rebound” from a 16-year relationship. We started dating seven months after my M ended. I really and truly had some memorable times with this girl. She was truly very special to me. We shared some things with each other that I probably will not share with anyone ever again. After getting to known her though, I realized she was just not for me. She is a very special person with an extremely kind-gentle heart, she just wasn’t for me.

I just don’t want her to think the time we spent together meant nothing to me. I have had thoughts of sending her a text saying, “I want you to know I do think about you and the time we shared together, I hope you are doing okay” But, I don’t want to do it, if this will bring her back a few steps. If she has healed some, I don’t want to bring her back any. If you think it will help her realize the relationship we had actually meant something to me, than I will send it.

Watcha think?

He's already said why, to soothe his own guilt, which while understandable isn't a good enough reason.

Not true, I want her to know the relationship meant something to me. If your are going to read my post and reply with feedback, read the whole post in its entirety.

I have been hurt before, with feelings of "did I mean anything to her?" My purpsoe here was to remove these feelings of "Did I mean anything to him?

Recently, I was dumped because I was the rebound. She asked if she could ask how I was doing from time to time, I said no because I needed time to heal. Unless you want to reconcile with this girl, leave her be. It will only mess with her head, I know it would do it to me.

OP, you broke up with this girl twice over only 7 months, you last got back with her beginning of April to break up with her yet AGAIN only a month a half later. It is high time you left her in peace. Your text seems to me as an attempt to string her along. Please, do not do any further damage.

Archived