I went on a first date with a guy last week, and since then, we've gone on two additional dates, bringing the total up to 3 in 1 week. That kind of feels like...a lot, since in the past, I usually stuck to one date a week until a certain level of familiarity was attained. Usually, that's all my professional and social schedule allow for anyway; this week was an anomaly. I definitely see things continuing with him, but now I feel like we've set unrealistic expectations and also, on some theoretical level, feel like this is too fast, because, come on, 3 dates in 1 week!

At the same time, I was excited to see him as soon as possible, and I actually don't perceive him as pushy or needy for asking me on two more dates within the same week (and it's not like I fought it!). There was no excessive communication between dates; just enough to make plans for the next time. We haven't jumped into intimacy, either, so that's not one of my concerns. We just have a great time together, and I look forward to seeing him again later this week.

Thoughts, good people? Should I scale it back to a more "normal" (to me) dating pattern? Or does this sound totally reasonable? In the event that things continue going well, I don't want this to set the tone for a potential relationship and realize two months later that, crap, I'm spending every day with him.

I don't think that is too fast. If you both love spending time together, why not? Although my advice might not be the best because me and my current girlfriend are moving really fast, but I think its up to the two of you. Maybe let him know that you love spending time with him, but let him know that you are busy and that you usually won't be able to spend that much time with him. It lets him know you like him, but also gives him a heads up that you might have to slow down eventually.

The woman I'll be seeing a sixth time tomorrow met with me three times in 7 days (albeit not the same week... if that makes sense or counts for anything). We just clicked very well. We haven't rushed into anything physically. I did just stay the night at her place, but we just cuddled each other to sleep - no sex, which is fine with me. Other than that, it's just been us hanging out and having fun. This will be the 6th meet in three weeks. There's nothing wrong with hanging out when you can so long as neither of you feels obligated to. I'd be fine if things fell apart for tomorrow and I didn't see her for another week.

Ask yourself if you feel like you *need* to see him so much. If not, I'd say you're golden and to go out there with him and have fun.

Me and my current boyfriend (we've been together three months) were exactly the same. The three first dates were in one week, and that carried on for a couple more weeks. We saw each other a lot, but it was because we both wanted to and we were excited to see each other again! We didn't rush anything either and waited for about a month before sleeping together, but got to know each other really well by spending lots of time together. We now see each other once mid week for dinner or a show and I usually spend the weekend at his place, it's just naturally fallen into something we're both comfortable with. I say just enjoy it - as long as it feels right for both of you, it's fine

Me and my current boyfriend (we've been together three months) were exactly the same. The three first dates were in one week, and that carried on for a couple more weeks. We saw each other a lot, but it was because we both wanted to and we were excited to see each other again! We didn't rush anything either and waited for about a month before sleeping together, but got to know each other really well by spending lots of time together. We now see each other once mid week for dinner or a show and I usually spend the weekend at his place, it's just naturally fallen into something we're both comfortable with. I say just enjoy it - as long as it feels right for both of you, it's fine

Exactly the same for me!!

Archived