What was the worse way your ex (exes) broke up with you?

heartbrokengir

I'll start. He made me believe that he didn't want to break up and still work on our problems. Made me wait at his apt for 2 hours after he got off work and took no time to break my heart. Never texted me to tell me when he's coming home. Told me he will never love me. Never thought he was such a douche bag, but he was.

Brought a flat, she set a day for the wedding, sold my £8k car, gave her the money to buy flat stuff then a week later left me and cut me off cold never heard from her in 4 months since she left. So left heart broken alot of money and time wasted 6 years down the drain

Former fiance lost his temper and his sanity because he thought I was cheating on him with someone in my college study group (which I never did), turned around and hit me with his fists. I ended up in the hospital for a concussion.

Former fiance lost his temper and his sanity because he thought I was cheating on him with someone in my college study group (which I never did), turned around and hit me with his fists. I ended up in the hospital for a concussion.

Ouch guys! I thought mine was bad, but its nothing compared to yours. In my defence though, it's the worse I've experienced

Text in a different town.

Changing profile to show who she thinks is hot

Sending messages with x's to random guys

Putting up photos of her dressed up as what she would call a '****' when she was with me while out with one of her friends

Started to use juvenile slang which she was totally against e.g hawt, ur, 2 instead of to etc etc.

It was like a totally different person.

It was like looking at someone who looks like your ex but isn't.

Emotional abuse affects me probably on a more stretched out level than physical abuse.

Told me she wanted space, said she wanted the weekend for herself and that we wouldnt break up, said she still loved me and that i had nothing to worry about.

I worried about it, she knew i was freaking out because i was scared our relationship was coming to an end and on the monday afternoon she asked me to come over, sat me down and tore my heart to pieces.

I was a mess... i punched the brick collumn in front of her house, broke my right hand in two places, then i broke down on the way homr and couldnt breath, almost ended up in hospital.

I was so hurt that i simply didnt care about myself or my safety, i fell off a second story scaffold at work and redislocated my knee and then tried to OD on the pain killers.

She doesnt know any of this... well not another person does, i was a total mess so to know that i have come so far in the last 3 months makes me quite proud, i am comfortable enough to try to be friends with her now.

I havnt lied, i said i am over what happened and that i want to be friends but she knows how i feel and she is giving it a chance.

My partner sexually assualted me, and told me I deserved it and to kill myself. He abandoned me while I was 7 months pregnant. He then blackmailed me and said to anyone that he had done what he did he would kill me and tell everyone a ****. He is now dating my best friend.

This ruined mine and my friends relationship with each other because she didnt want to believe that he had hurt me. I just hope she isnt doing the same thing to her as he did with me.

What was the worst, is that she really didn't break up with me....

After 5 years, just drifted away leaving me wondering......never ended things, just left me in limbo and I couldn't take it anymore, I had to leave for my own sanity....

How does someone do this? We're adults, I begged her to end it if it wasn't what she wanted, she made me bail.........

It's just unforgiveable to do this to someone and I resent her for it, I would not have done this to anyone....

My partner sexually assualted me, and told me I deserved it and to kill myself. He abandoned me while I was 7 months pregnant. He then blackmailed me and said to anyone that he had done what he did he would kill me and tell everyone a ****. He is now dating my best friend.

This ruined mine and my friends relationship with each other because she didnt want to believe that he had hurt me. I just hope she isnt doing the same thing to her as he did with me.

WOWZA, that sucks... I'm sorry you had to go through that.

The day before, he was telling me how much he loves me, how he found the one, blah, blah, blah. The next morning, on Valentine's Day, while I was very sick and in pain with a serious eye problem, he broke up with me while I was taking a bath. What a lovely man he was! lol! It's OK- Karma will pay him a visit someday.

Broke up with me on New Year's Day, told me she wants to be friends and that she wants someone else.

We get back together three days later and she says she wants me more than him.

We break up again after I find out she went the cinema with him.

I find out she's been in a relationship with him since the Xmas just gone. I get dumped for someone else. **** you.

Brought a flat, she set a day for the wedding, sold my £8k car, gave her the money to buy flat stuff then a week later left me and cut me off cold never heard from her in 4 months since she left. So left heart broken alot of money and time wasted 6 years down the drain

Holy sh*t, and I thought mine was bad. Yours is substantially worse. Good God. Did you ever find out why she left?

I'm very sorry that happened to you.

All of these stories are making me realize that my break-up was comparatively not that bad.

The day before, he was telling me how much he loves me, how he found the one, blah, blah, blah. The next morning, on Valentine's Day, while I was very sick and in pain with a serious eye problem, he broke up with me while I was taking a bath. What a lovely man he was! lol! It's OK- Karma will pay him a visit someday.

Yep Karma or maybe my car I am sorry that happened thats horrible and nasty.

Broken up by text following a 3.5 year relationship, while I was alone in a foreign country struggling to write up my thesis. Gave him a second chance after HE reapeatedly approached me several months later. Gave it the best i could only to be broken up by text a second time around, while I was at work. Eventually had to seek therapy. It doesn't compare to some of your stories here but it is what it is...

Met me off an airplane, but when I went to kiss him, sort of moved his head, so that I couldn't reach his lips. Held my hand all the way to a restaurant, sat opposite me for 2 hours, answeing questions about the things we would do that weekend. And then when it was time to leave the restaurant, suddenly blurted out that he was struggling and not sure he wanted to be with me anymore. We talked for 2 more hours and broke up. He then booked me a flight home. I flew home and fell apart.

Holy sh*t, and I thought mine was bad. Yours is substantially worse. Good God. Did you ever find out why she left?

nope but a friends girlfriend went out and my ex said to her that she following me to wind me up and telling everyone i treated her like a door mat and was pathetic, ye alright love what ever you say i just laugh at her now apparently she sleeping on her dads sofa skint and last time i saw her she looked like dog crap karma a ***** as iv just brought a brand new sports car with the money i normal give and spend on her and actually starting to enjoy life. my advice just keep fighting with your emotions and keep you head high i was in a dark place never thought i would get out off it now actually seeing the light

Archived