The breakup will be one month ago, this 14th (yes, he dumped me on valentine's day, when I was sick, too).

There aren't enough success stories here, so here's mine

The first three weeks haven't been easy. I was desperate, and wanted him back, regretted going into no contact immediately, regretted ditching his number and email address.

But I've slowly come around to just accepting it is what it is. Even better, all the awful things he put me through have remained with me- or at least their memories. Now, I wouldn't take him back, if he came crawling to me on his hands and knees. I feel disgusted by him, and a little pity for him. He was not my equal, and probably never will be. I didn't want anything serious with him in the first place, but let him talk me into it, and then became increasingly depressed and moody as he wore me down.

I'm heading back to being my old self, and delving into my passions again. I'm feeling happy, again. Although I don't want to date right away, the hotties are noticing and chatting me up. I realized my life was and is just plain better without him hanging around my neck, and pulling me down.

So, for those still struggling, I hope this helps. You WILL get there. It may seem hopeless right now, but it will get better. Just hold on, work on yourself, and it will happen before you know it.

Hello, I too feel the same way. My bf and I were going out for almost 2 years (next month) and we pretty much like an angry divorced couple. He broke up with me the day after valentines day. btw, didn't even buy me anything for valentines day. It's been going on almost two weeks, when i finally walked away and I swear, every since then, I've been feeling happy and free again. The last couple days though, due to personal issues, I've been feeling low and crawling back to him for a safety net. however, I've learning self control. I've blocked his number for the jump, haven't called, gone to his house or anything. this time, I hope it's for real. because one time, we broke up for almost 2 months. I am ready to move on. only thing that makes me sad is him not even reaching out, speaks volumes. but, when I think about all the trouble he's caused, I rather be in misery alone, I mean I was way worse with him. one day at a time!

Mine dumped me April 6....TWO years ago. I'm sitting here on the computer feeling like a complete failure cuz i haven't had a relationship yet. Did date one guy last Nov. about 5 times...but he just told me last week that those weren't DATES...he was just helping me move....

So i guess basically i haven't 'dated' anyone! *sigh*

But those 'non' dates did get me over the ex.....i think...

Mine dumped me April 6....TWO years ago. I'm sitting here on the computer feeling like a complete failure cuz i haven't had a relationship yet. Did date one guy last Nov. about 5 times...but he just told me last week that those weren't DATES...he was just helping me move....

So i guess basically i haven't 'dated' anyone! *sigh*

But those 'non' dates did get me over the ex.....i think...

Remember, the winner isn't the one who dates the soonest or most, its the one who lives the happiest.

If you know your ex and their internal misery don't feel unhappy because they find someone new to project it onto.

Hahahaha...he never had any 'internal' misery...i was his only misery! lol He then met a younger, very well off woman....house on lake, boat, jetskis...likes football...lol...everything he LOVES. He is a VERY happy, fun guy. The kind of guy everyone likes!

But he did enable his rotton kids, who then moved in with him...one from prison. He just told me last week that she won't come to his home anymore..and he has to always go to HER house...an hour away! I laughed.

She's a smart cookie. I always drove 4 hrs. to see him. for over 3 yrs.

Hahahaha...he never had any 'internal' misery...i was his only misery! lol He then met a younger, very well off woman....house on lake, boat, jetskis...likes football...lol...everything he LOVES. He is a VERY happy, fun guy. The kind of guy everyone likes!

But he did enable his rotton kids, who then moved in with him...one from prison. He just told me last week that she won't come to his home anymore..and he has to always go to HER house...an hour away! I laughed.

She's a smart cookie. I always drove 4 hrs. to see him. for over 3 yrs.

realitynut if you look like your profile picture i would happily taken you on a date hopefully i start getting happy and moving on

hahaha....thanks....taken last spring....good pic. You should see the ones I DON"T post!!! (scary)

I just told someone today that on the happy scale of 1-10...i'm a 4 and 5. Not good.

I use to fluctuate wildly between 1 and 10!!!! lol

I was the 'mother' of all roller-coasters! teehee

People who say, move on...get happy. Easier said than done. I'm one of those people who prefer a 'partner' in my life. Snuggling alone just doesn't cut it.....sorry pup.

realitynut if you look like your profile picture i would happily taken you on a date hopefully i start getting happy and moving on

Yes Benji, I've been telling her since I saw her pic that she is gorgeous! Too bad we are not both gay LOL

My ex, the one who got me here dumped me less than 3 weeks after Valentines 2 years ago. I was in shock. I knew he had been depressed. He gave me a card with a lovely message telling me how much he loved me and sent flowers to my home, lovely gift. I was in shock - we'd been together somewhere between 3 and 4 years.

NC was the best for me too. At first it was meant to be LC and all I could think about was next time I would speak with him. He had been the one who wanted LC. I begged too. So over him now though these days I have occasional contact so that I can have access visits with the dog (who is very old now). I bring the dog home with me and she won't live a lot longer. In fairness to the ex, these days he is very civil and actually nice, and I can be nice back - but I don't want a close friendship with him. It would mess with my head as he can be a very demanding person. I've changed a lot now and I wouldn't want to be with him either. He's just someone I can wish well and see in passing.

Archived