How to show him Im interested?

Zanetka

I met a nice guy in my Calculus class in Sept 2012.. I never thought of him as anything more than a friend, we talked quite a bit back then.. but in January 2013 we went to study together at a coffee shop with a third friend and I think he started to like me then (We had never seen each other outside of the classroom until that day). We added eachother on FB that weekend in January and have been talking every day since late January. He is incredibly intelligent, kind, funny and good looking... and we get along extremely well. On Valentines Day he invited me skating and brought me a rose... thats when I knew he liked me... we had fun and that night on FB he asked me what I wanted in a relationship... He told me he was looking for something meaningful and I told him Im in no rush and want to take things as they come naturally... I guess he understood that as: VERY slow ...because we have been hanging out once a week since Valentines Day... and still no mention of exclusivity... or any attempt at kissing.. or anything.

We hug when we meet up and also when we part at the end of our night...

He invited me to his apartment a couple times to show me his designs (he is studying engineering/architecture) and we watched a movie... I even met his mom who he says likes me.. but it is always so innocent. He is very respectful. I would like to speed things up a little bit but I dont know how to do that..

So... from what I can tell he is interested in me because he is constantly inviting me out to lunch, dinner, skating, etc... but he is taking this extremely slow... maybe because of what Ive said. Im worried that if we keep at this slow pace we may end up being just friends..

... we are always talking about everything (except our feelings)!! We have no silences in our conversations... we always have something to talk about because we both have many hobbies and interests

He gives me compliments once in a while but I havent given him any yet... and hes even given me a back massage innocently (fully clothed) but we never talked about it...

What should I do? I think maybe he doesnt know if Im interested.. ? I havent really been forward about my feelings towards him at all..

Im 20, He is 21. Thank you

Ps. I have had a long term relationship in the past (lasted 3 years... ended in Oct 2012) and I believe he has had one girlfriend (ended over a yr ago).

I told him Im in no rush and want to take things as they come naturally.
What does that actually mean in real terms? How is he supposed to interpret that? All you accomplished with that was what you got - limbo, with neither of you knowing what to do next.

I assume he may still be interested or he would have moved on but you need to make a move - the ball is in your court.

What does that actually mean in real terms? How is he supposed to interpret that? All you accomplished with that was what you got - limbo, with neither of you knowing what to do next.

I assume he may still be interested or he would have moved on but you need to make a move - the ball is in your court.

Definitely, you like him you need to make it known. Move towards more intimacy (touching, holding hands, etc). You don't need to stick your tongue down his throat for him to know you like him, especially if you want to take it slow.

What DN quoted earlier was too general for him to understand you that like him. I really cannot understand why most girls do not just TELL a guy they like him. It is as simple as that, next time you guys meet in person tell him that you like spending time with him and that you see him more than just a friend. Some guys do not stick around a girl for long time without getting correspondence from her.

What DN quoted earlier was too general for him to understand you that like him. I really cannot understand why most girls do not just TELL a guy they like him. It is as simple as that, next time you guys meet in person tell him that you like spending time with him and that you see him more than just a friend. Some guys do not stick around a girl for long time without getting correspondence from her.

Because people dislike rejection, it's a natural feeling. Putting someone on the spot can be uncomfortable for sum. Honestly, the girl I dated before my ex straight up told me she was interested in me (I blew it though).

Well, getting rejected is also a part of nature. All of us will get rejected more times than we will be accepted, in our lives.

Well I strongly dislike communication through cell phone or pc, I am more of a face to face person and every single girl I ever dated/liked I talked in person. I have been rejected too, that is why today I am nowhere near what I used to be a few years ago. I have gotten stronger, more comfortable, more social, I have evolved.

Well, getting rejected is also a part of nature. All of us will get rejected more times than we will be accepted, in our lives.

Well I strongly dislike communication through cell phone or pc, I am more of a face to face person and every single girl I ever dated/liked I talked in person. I have been rejected too, that is why today I am nowhere near what I used to be a few years ago. I have gotten stronger, more comfortable, more social, I have evolved.

I don't disagree with you one bit. Without rejection I wouldn't have become the person I am today either. Each time I got rejected in life (not just by women) I went and made myself a better me. Needless to say I don't really get rejected anymore, though I also am much more experienced.

I am also a face to face person, I can't stand when girls will ONLY text me (which I actually have right now with two of them).

Archived