Boyfriend not talking for 1 month after I told him that fake marriage was a crim

la vie en rose

I had a dispute with my bf last month regarding his current situation. He did a fake marriage with a french woman and is divorce for few moths now. Everything went really wrong and it was a big mess.However, the problem was that him and that girl agreed to get marriage knowing that if something went wrong both of them could face some problem especially for the person who actually needed to extend his visa or receive British residency.... So went we had the argument last month about complaisance marriage he told me that it was not a crime in the UK blah blah and then now he is very upset because i told me that obviously for me its a crime to use someone just for paper and that if it was not a crime his situation with immigration won t be so under surveillance etc. I thought we were just talking with the true but I realized that maybe he wanted me to agreed on everything he said or something like that.. Since then he has not talk to me anymore and called me ignorant person ... I tried to contact him for a month now, via phone, email but he is not answering any of my calls or mail. What should i do, should i move one !! Thank you

If you've been trying to contact him for a month without any response from him, consider the relationship over. This is regardless of his history. Move on with your own life, and stop worrying about him.

With your next relationship, make sure the guy's values and morals are similar to yours before getting emotionally involved with him. As you say, marriage is not a game and you don't want to be in a relationship with someone who thinks it is.

While I don't know the laws in the UK, I also find it hard to believe that a fake marriage for immigration purposes is not illegal. Wouldn't that be illegal everywhere? In addition, I know that in Canada they have rules where - if you sponsor someone on visa (through marriage or whatever) - you are responsible for them financially for the next X number of years (two, I think?) - EVEN if you get a divorce. So... you'd have to check your local laws, but the consequences can be worse than just the fraud.

I think you did the right thing. You called him on his behaviour and he ran. Some people can't handle being told they are wrong.

I agree that you should stop contacting him now.

yeah, if he hasn't responded to your calls or emails for over a month, i'd say you are broken up!!

i do know people who have done the fake marriage to get citizenship. of course it is a slap in the face to all the people who are out there who have legitimate marriages, or are trying to immigrate legally.

Personally, i don't see it as a horrible crime, but whatever. If you're not comfortable with it (and it's fine if you are not!) then you're better off without him.

While I don't know the laws in the UK, I also find it hard to believe that a fake marriage for immigration purposes is not illegal. Wouldn't that be illegal everywhere? In addition, I know that in Canada they have rules where - if you sponsor someone on visa (through marriage or whatever) - you are responsible for them financially for the next X number of years (two, I think?) - EVEN if you get a divorce. So... you'd have to check your local laws, but the consequences can be worse than just the fraud.

I think you did the right thing. You called him on his behaviour and he ran. Some people can't handle being told they are wrong.

I agree that you should stop contacting him now.

oh we are the same as everywhere red dress ...it is illegal ...if you get cought

Archived