Jealous of attractive women.

gabriella777

Ughhh my jealously is quite frustrating.

It started with me being jealous of one of my boyfriend's best friends. She used to do some modelling work and still does occasionally. I used to be jealous because she is friends with my bf, but it's been a year now and I'm still kinda jealous. The thing is that I'm not jealous of anything happening between her and my bf - she has a bf herself and today, my bf met her new bf and he told me that he is really attractive.

I have no worries of my bf being unfaithful to me. I might get a bit jealous and insecure at times, and have struggled with jealously, but I do trust him. Today, a girl from my university course added me on facebook. That girl is a model as well. And in my opinion, she is gorgeous. I kept on looking at her fb pictures and she is really, really attractive. And I'm really jealous of that. My bf doesn't know that girl and I actually showed her to him but he doesn't find her all that attractive.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just really, really jealous of very attractive women. I'm not unattractive, or ugly, but I'm not Monica Bellucci either. I do think that I look pretty good, but I'm always jealous of girls that look better. I feel like I should lose weight, since I'm slightly chubby, and try to make myself look as pretty as possible. But even then, I wouldn't be able to look like they do. But I could at least feel like that sometimes and maybe take good pictures. I just want that attention if you know what I mean

I'm generally not really a girly girl... I dont own many dresses and only one pair of somewhat low heels that I recently bought. I hardly wear make up and I generally don't pay that much attention to my appearance. But I have those moments where I'm extremely jealous of really attractive girls and I want to strive as much as possible to look beautiful. I'm 20 now and I used to be 1 stone thinner about 2 years ago and it felt like I was getting more attention back then.

I feel like I just really want attention and I want it to be because I look good any tips on how to deal with this jealously?

Yeah. Just look at the extreme of this type of mentality. Check out the Hollywood types who are nothing but skin and bones and fake boobs and fake butts. Don't they look fantastic? Isn't it great what being so obsessed with attention and your looks does to you? And then check out what happens to them when they turn 40 and their bodies start breaking down. Now they look like aliens with all the plastic surgery they have done trying to defy age. Don't they look fantastic and so natural?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean that applying make-up and all that outside stuff in the long run matters as such but trust me that it certainly does contribute to how a person feels about themselves by just putting in a little effort, you don't have to dress/pretty yourself for others but maybe you could try for yourself? You said you're not a very girly girl or wear much makeup or girly clothes but why don't you do small things such as maybe a little mascara, lip gloss/wear your hair down, get a new haircut or just dress a bit more feminine/to your shape and enhance your natural beauty? It might help with your extreme jealousy?

Everyone.. and I mean EVERYONE is at least somewhat jealous/envious of someone else's physical beauty. Super models can be the most insecure people on the planet and can still find flaws on their bodies.

Do you think every guy that goes to the gym thinks that their body is perfect (even if you think it is) or do you think they got because they want bigger pecs/biceps/back/etc?

My point is that no matter how good looking you are, you're always going to think you could look better 'if' you could change something. It's a normal feeling, just don't let it run your life.

I feel like I just really want attention and I want it to be because I look good any tips on how to deal with this jealously?

What you need to do is stop wanting this. Why do you need attention? Why does it have to be based on your looks? You don't like yourself and need others to validate how you look. This is about low self-esteem.

I agree

What you need to do is stop wanting this. Why do you need attention? Why does it have to be based on your looks? You don't like yourself and need others to validate how you look. This is about low self-esteem.

I think maybe you should start taking care of yourself, it sounds like that would make you feel better. Put some mascara on, be flirty with your bf, dress in ways that make you feel beautiful. I bet it will help.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree

I think maybe you should start taking care of yourself, it sounds like that would make you feel better. Put some mascara on, be flirty with your bf, dress in ways that make you feel beautiful. I bet it will help.

You're only 20. I think we all go through these phases as we get older. At 25..you will be in a totally different place, and even more so at 30. These insecurities DO diminish over time I promise you, just keep bettering yourself...inside AND out.

I think both of these responders are right. If you want to feel better about you, then make a few changes so whenever you see yourself in the mirror you feel beautiful. I'm in higher spirits when I dress nice, my hair is done, etc. You wanna dress the way you want to feel. If you think toning up will make you feel great, do it. However, I'd do it in a way which doesn't feel like work so maybe go dancing regularly or dance at home, play a sport, etc. It's a lot easier to get tired of the gym than doing something you enjoy. And it sounds like your boyfriend loves you regardless which is awesome! However, I think maintaining yourself makes a huge impact. When I feel beautiful and confident, I act beautiful and confident and people will notice become drawn to you.

I'm 22 and I look forward to my insecurities diminishing. I love when I see those women who are like 70 and they look so happy to be alive.

Archived