should i dump my girfiend on new years eve?

kaitracid2010

I'm not even going to read most of the posts.

She doesn't even sound like a girlfriend to me.

Just stop texting, stop calling, just cut her out of your life. I wonder how long before she notices??

Oh, and 2-3 hours on the phone with friends per day? How the hell does she accomplish anything else? Out with her friends EVERY DAY, the partying friends? When the hell does she work? Assuming she/they have jobs, she must be with them while they're partying.

Yeah, just forget about her. She doesn't even deserve a breakup.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
she has text me today, and said she has been to the doctor, and has been told that she has gasterentariris, brought on by a little op she has last week.

i think symptoms are, vomiting, dioreaha, and tiredness.... should i accept her reason for not wanting to see me on new years day???

Once again: Why not check out your suspicions ~on~ NYE? If she's not home as she claimed she would be, then maybe you'll feel strongly enough to break up with her next day.

You could skip fighting and just tell her you're breaking up because you've met someone fabulous when left on your own NYE.

Not exactly lying--you'll have met the part of your Self that's willing to hold your head up and walk ON.

Once again: Why not check out your suspicions ~on~ NYE? If she's not home as she claimed she would be, then maybe you'll feel strongly enough to break up with her next day.

You could skip fighting and just tell her you're breaking up because you've met someone fabulous when left on your own NYE.

Not exactly lying--you'll have met the part of your Self that's willing to hold your head up and walk ON.

if it turns out that she is at home and not out... is it acceptable that she left me on my own on NYE due to not feeling well?

what if she is at home, but has invited friends and family over for drinks? if she is well enough to do that, then why not invite me

kaitracid2010 - because she doesn't want you there. That is why she hasn't invited you. Rework it as a contol tactic or a cover for cheating, but she hasn't asked you, because she doesn't want you there.

Break up with her now and spare yourself more misery. You need a gf who is more suited to you, not one that you need to work against the tide to change.

Also, gastroenteritis is no fun. Completely acceptable reason to want to be left alone. Not everyone wants to be sick with other people there to see it.

kaitracid2010 - because she doesn't want you there. That is why she hasn't invited you. Rework it as a contol tactic or a cover for cheating, but she hasn't asked you, because she doesn't want you there.

Break up with her now and spare yourself more misery. You need a gf who is more suited to you, not one that you need to work against the tide to change.

Also, gastroenteritis is no fun. Completely acceptable reason to want to be left alone. Not everyone wants to be sick with other people there to see it.

so is her reason for not seeing me on NYE valid or not? i don't know wether it is because she is genuinly ill, or she does not want me there

so is her reason for not seeing me on NYE valid or not? i don't know wether it is because she is genuinly ill, or she does not want me there

This is getting frustrating. Instead of asking people to be psychic, why not simply check your answer out tonight?

If she's not there, you'll know exactly what to do.

Whether you'll do it or not, that's up to you.

i am not sure... i get the feeling she does lie to me, becasue some things just dont make any sense around her.

the biggest reason why i believe she may be lying about new years eve is because... for the last 3 or 4 days she has hardly spoke to me, she is not texting me as usual, everythime i try to text her, and talk, she tells me, that she is really ill and tired, and is going to bed.... in 3 days she has only texted me twice...

i can understand her being unwell (she is not dying) why would that stop her from just sending me the occasional nice text message... she has not been conversing in the normal fasion that we do.

but then all of a sudden last night, she started talking again by text, and bieng a little nice, then she dropped NYE on me.

so my guess is , she is keeping me sweet

this makes me feel like, she is using this illness as a excuse not to talk to me.... which then makes me believe, she may also be using this illness as an excuse not to see me on new years eve

Why font you offer to being her some medicine and DVDs and spend the day with her?

that is exactly what i told her.... she said she is not in mood to celebrate... i explained new year does not have to be about celebrating, but just bieng with the person you love.... i suggested just cuddeling up and watching a dvd... but she made her excuses and said she just wants to rest.

i wanted to be there for her, but seems like she don't want me there.... either because she has other plans, or she is genuinly ill, or she just does not care that i am alone tonight, and she is not too bothered.

maybe because i have opened up to her, she feels like she can pick and choose when she sees me

i checked up on her tonight.... i just parked outside her house, to see if she was at home, or if she had got ridden of me, on new year eve, in order to go out with her friends.

i,m certain she was at home... so maybe she just wanted to be at home on her own, coz she didnt feel well

her reasons for not seeing me is, becasue she has been sick, looks & feels crap, also has diarohea (runs) and she did not want me there, when she is a mess

you love her clearly cause you want to be there for her, regardless. But with how she's been rejecting you what can you say about how she feels about you then??

actions speaks volumes..

i don't believe she is treating me so good, her birthday is in a 3 or 4 days, if she decides she will not be seeing me on her birthday.... then it is defo time to lose this woman... i mean seriously, not seeing me on NYE and her birthday... how crap is that

if she mis treats me in any way again, i am ready and willing to dump her

Well, what you want is not what she wants. And if I felt as bad as gastro makes you feel I wouldn't want to be having to play patient either.

You went and parked outside of her house to check on her. You need to just break up with her now. Obviously you have no trust in her and you seem to have very different personalities/needs.

normaly i would trust her... but recently her behaviour has been strange, hardly speaking to me, not conversing by text... then to top it up, not even together on new year eve... it just felt like she just wanted me out of the way for somne reason

I would feel the same way if this behavior just started happening this week. But it seems like she's been mistreating you for a while now and you've been letting it go. You should make a list of all the behaviors she's been doing that you dislike. I bet it outweighs the positive ones. She mistreats you and doesn't respect you. You deserve better.

I would feel the same way if this behavior just started happening this week. But it seems like she's been mistreating you for a while now and you've been letting it go. You should make a list of all the behaviors she's been doing that you dislike. I bet it outweighs the positive ones. She mistreats you and doesn't respect you. You deserve better.

you are right, she has been mis treating me for a while.... so i have decided, if things do not change... i will finish it with her

how do i put an end to her, treating me in that way... do i need to toughen up? or just let her go

I think that you come to a point where you realize she's not going to change. She is who she is. After this realization, you have to decide whether you accept her this way, accept how she treats you and just be happy with what you have decided to accept or you don't. If u decide that this behavior is disrespectful to you and in no way will you accept this type of treatment, then you let her go. Really, it's up to you what you're willing to accept.

I think that you come to a point where you realize she's not going to change. She is who she is. After this realization, you have to decide whether you accept her this way, accept how she treats you and just be happy with what you have decided to accept or you don't. If u decide that this behavior is disrespectful to you and in no way will you accept this type of treatment, then you let her go. Really, it's up to you what you're willing to accept.

to be honest, the last few months have been very stressful for me... and i have been upset on a good few occasions, with her attitude and behaviour... i am willing to give things another go, and i will also try to adjust my behaviour around her too, and make a bigger effort with her... but if she does not start to apprecite me, then i will defo let her go.... life is too short to live in misery.

one thing i have noticed is... since i have become more emotionaly open to her, and have showed her how much i love her, she seems to be taking the pisss out of me alot more

also at times i may have come accross as bieng a little needy or clingy & i intend to stamp that kind of behaviour out from today... but the reason why i have come accross as bieng needy is because, she seems to be testing me!

she has walked out on me on a few occasions & i have chased after her & on a few occasions, she has gave me the silent treatment & it has always been me, who text her, to sort things out.

so do i need to show less emotion? stop chasing after her, and stand my ground?

it's like a fear i have of losing her... i think i need to let go of this fear & accept, that if she treats me bad, then i have to stand up for myself, even if that means, she walks out, and i lose her!

i have to stand up for myself

Archived