she says she likes me, but scared...

ItsmeShane

Ive been going out with this girl for a while now and she says she likes me a lot but she may not show it because she is scared and does not want to get hurt? I have asked her what she fears the most and she told me she is not used to the compliments that I give her, and all the nice things I say about her. Her ex husband wasn't like that. And one day I may wake up and realize she isn't worth it. Any advice on how to help her let go of that fear? I feel like it is holding us back.

No real answer for you. Be yourself and watch your compliments, no sense in making her uncomfortable. Enjoy your time together and let her get to know you, assuming you are a stand-up guy. Sometimes just keeping your word, being proactive with her needs and being a safe harbor goes a long way.

I once sealed a relationship by making my bed. Kind of silly but she told me that if I took that time to properly make my bed and do it consistently then I was going to be a great Dad. LOL I was thinking.. "okay"... but talk to her, be observant and hopefully she comes around. Good luck.

We have had a talk about relationships twice in the last few weeks and the second one was just the other night. I try to learn as much as I can from what she says so I can improve on things which will not only help her and I but help myself. I don't bring that topic up because I feel like its being forced and I want it to happen naturally.

I feel like she is but she has so much going on in her life that it makes it difficult at time. She does have a little girl and she has been divorced so I think that is a big part of it. That is a first for me on both accounts, An ex husband with whom she has a child with. Maybe her and I are going at different speeds. She has said stuff before that I caught like she is "testing the water." It seems to be like she really does have a legitimate fear of being hurt I just don't know how long that is going to last.

Archived