Are we moving in the right direction?

For those of you who are not familiar with my last post, it was about wether or not I should call my ex back. Well about three days later she called me again, and I did not answer again. But then something inside made me call back.

Our conversation was incredible, like always. I told her that I was going through a very difficult time in my life, and she re-assured me that it was okay. She then went on to say that I can always count on her, and that she is allways there for me when ever I need it.

At this point I did not want to talk about me, because I was interested in how she was doing. She said that she has given up on guys, because none are like me. She then went on to say how weird it was that she has not seen me in almost a year, and that she misses me so much. I agreed with her and told her that I loved her, and she said that she loved me. I then said who knows, one day we may get married. She told me, that stranger things have happened.

I started to get tired and we both agreed to get off the phone because she hates when I fall asleep when we are staying up late chatting over the phone. I asked her to call me, and she said no, that I should call her because it is my turn. I will in a couple of days because I am so busy with work.

I just want to know what you all think of our conversation? I mean we both still care for eachother and are totally compatible, but sometimes love is not enough. It stinks that the timing is totally wrong right now, but doesn't sound like we are moving in the right direction. I mean do you all think that there are signs of good future with open communication. I want your opinions.

Trust and certainty is hard after one failure, nonetheless giving it to the person that you failed with. I've never stocked much faith in the idea that someone should never try something twice. If you both still care for eachother so deeply, then go for it. But...yes, there is a but-- if you both want to avoid hurt then you have to discuss openly and honestly all the reasons it didn't work out previously and make a serious commitment to improve in those areas. You were right--love isn't enough. As a matter of fact, love is nothing without effort, but if you love someone enough than the effort you put into the relationship seems effortless! Good luck.

Hi kantore,

I am pleased to hear that you got to call her. I understand that things are going a little better for you and that you're now wondering if you ever will be together again.

You might or might not get back together. It's hard to say after just one phone call. The feelings are obviously still there from both sides. I would suggest that you take things slow. Keep talking to each other and see how things go. Communication is one the building blocks in a relationship just like trust. I also recommend you to evaluate what went wrong the first time and learn from that. Hopefully the same thing won't happen again.

I wish you luck and happiness and I hope that eventually all works out for you.

~ SwingFox ~