I'm Considering Contacting the Ex

leftme

4 years together. 31 Days post break-up. 15 Days no contact. Not begged at all (we talked about logistics briefly).

I became, insecure, needy and boring. She met someone else and moved on for the 'spark' of a new relationship (i never treated her badly). We have a flat and car together so need to sort these matters out.

She suggested meeting but never got back to me after I agreed.

I don't want her back, not now. I couldn't trust her and we both need to shag about (you know what I mean). I'm going to ask if she's free tonight to get things sorted out - flat & car. What do you think?

Don't use the flat and car as an excuse to talk when you are emotional. If you have to meet to sort those things out set a date a few days in advance so you can approach it on a purely business basis. Do you actually have to meet in person to sort these things out?

Don't use the flat and car as an excuse to talk when you are emotional. If you have to meet to sort those things out set a date a few days in advance so you can approach it on a purely business basis. Do you actually have to meet in person to sort these things out?

We don't have to. But I feel after 4 years we should be able to do it amicably.

What would you suggest?

When my 4.5 year relationship (lived together for four years) ended 3 months ago I decided early on I wanted minimal contact, I needed my stuff back, but didn't want to be around him or the house we lived in. So I emailed him with a list of things I wanted/didn't want, had boxes and tape delivered to the house and sent a man and van over to pick them up and bring my stuff to me and my new home. And I'm so glad I did - anything else would have been too painful and it would have taken me longer to heal.

Archived