Piece of a cashew has been stuck in my throat all day :( Need advice

• 8 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dealing with this same issues as of 12/24/2020. I ate a donut with nuts and now I have at least 2 tiny peanut particles stuck in the back of my throat or airways. Sometimes it feels like its stuck above that soft pocket of the roof of my mouth. One night before going to bed I did feel it go to the far right of my throat. I've tried gargling, eating soft foods to pass it down and tons of fluids too!. Today I seen urgent care and they didn't give a damn, advise I get xrays and come back later. Today is day 4 and I'm having right chest pains. So much scratching,poking and irritation going on. I'm also panicking cause I dont want peanuts to reach my lungs. I want tubes and miniature claws inside my mouth to extract this.

Did you get it out?

1 minute ago, Rose Mosse said:

Can you lift up your chin (look upwards) and massage your neck downwards? 

Is it possible that they are not peanut particles but a raw/sore throat?

When will you have the xrays? (Do you need or did you get a referral?)

I know for sure its peanuts, I pretty much inhaled that donut. Lol. I'm wondering if I should try a nasal fluid flush. Xrays were taken today, I'll be waiting for results and a call from the Dr. I hope they find something cause there sure is something stuck. I'm in California. Who could you refer?

Archived