Not having a group of friends. Is it not that big of a deal?

I don't believe that will ever happen for me. I do try to make friends with people, I'm talkative but maybe I'm just too odd or something? (I don't honestly know why). I know I'm pretty (not conceited, just sayin I have a friendly face=]), I'm not shy (outgoing), I get along with people. Is it the fact that people already have their circle of friends they known since way back when and don't want to add to their group?

Am I the only one who doesn't have a group of friends? To go out in general with? To go on road trips with? Or like in college everyone always seemed to make new friends in each class, or generally like 5-10 people who were already friends taking a class together. What is that about?

I gave up on social networking sites because it was rather depressive to me. Seeing people I acquainted with who went on trips with their group of friends and post to each other and say happy birthday, I never got any of that. They just post all these pictures of having fun going out and on trips to the beach. Or I see people having a pool party, drinking and hanging out (not a creeper, haha, I have a pool view they are rather loud) and I wonder why couldn't I ever have that?

Why couldn't I ever have a circle of friends? I'm not someone who pushes myself on people to be friends, I'm just friendly and smile and talk to people. What are you suppose to do go hey we should hang out sometime. That could almost come off lesbianish hahaha.

I got to thinking of this because I really want to go on a trip but that would pretty much involve me going at it alone. Almost not safe for a female to do this alone.

I sound rather selfish right now. I'm just wondering. I hate my brain right now, over thinking, ha.

I am the same. I do not have a group of friends. I have a few friends who i get on very well with. Sometimes i get abit jealous when i see groups going out together on holidays etc, but then i think if they wont 'allow' me into their group then it isnt worth it.

Don't worry you are not alone. I am in the same boat, I had a group of friends who would invite me occasionally, but so far this summer I have not heard of them at all. All my life I've had trouble making friends, my best friend is in the same boat. I don't know what it is..im a nice person, i love to laugh, im at least average looking, easy going, but Ive never really had a group, all throughout high school i was alone, at my first part time job I had started to make some friends, but we grew apart, in university though so far it is a lot easier to make friends since no one knows each other. I try not to let it worry me, I just try not to think about it too much, because sometimes I'll start to think about it and I'll feel crappy. I use to think also, is there something wrong with me? But there is no point in thinking this way because you'll just try to find something negative in you, when really there is nothing wrong with us. I think it's just how the world is today..

In university EVERY knows each other, lol. Seriously. Like I said I remember people either QUICKLY becoming the best of friends in class with strangers or taking that class with quite a few friends. The way the world is, yes, I didn't start university till I was 20 (took time off) so people were generally just younger than me and it was hard to get along with that level of immaturity.

I'm not asking how, I'm asking if this is normal? Am I the only one who doesn't circle around with a bunch of people?

Nearest meet up from where I live is over 100 miles. No thanks.

If you're not interested in changing the situation, then its hardly important if its "normal" or not. If you're happy with your level of activity and ammount of friends, then why put that kind of judgement on yourself? Just enjoy what you enjoy with the friends you enjoy.

I'd like to change the situation but clearly you have no idea what I'm talking about and there is pretty much no way to change it. Believe me I've spent since I could to make friends and involve myself, even tried not caring, tried the not so much, I never tried too hard though (not me). I just come to a point of maybe that's just how my life is going to be. I know there isn't such a thing as normal. So wrong use of the word. But I'd like to know if I really am the only one who feels this way, am I the only person who has a hard time at this? Does anyone else see life revolving around them even better than their life (socially)?

Yes - you should ask people who seem cool if they want to grab a drink or coffee sometime. Seriously if you are waiting for others to make the first friendship move - you are going to be waiting a while. It is not that hard - some people will say no, others yes. But all it takes is a c ouple of friends.

Archived