boyfriend was clearly checking out best friends boobs next to me!

klvd

I know boys will be boys and they are going to look but I've caught him staring before and made it clear that I'm not ok with him looking when I'm around. Its flat out disrespectful and besides, I'm a pretty lady myself. He apologized and agreed to not let it happen again, well last night everytime my friend leaned accross the table, he stared and stared.. I'm so hurt. Its so rude to me and she's my freakin friend! I don't know how to get over this.

Realistically I'd feel really uneasy and probably start to withdraw into myself if it happened to me, but what I would want to do is turn the tables back on him and stare excessively and lustfully at any hot guy we pass. And kinda zone out when he talks bc I'd be 'too busy drooling' over the other guys.

It's slightly immature to do pay back (thus I probably wouldn't do it) but sometimes some people need to feel what it feels like. Then they might actually stop the behaviour.

I know boys will be boys and they are going to look but I've caught him staring before and made it clear that I'm not ok with him looking when I'm around. Its flat out disrespectful and besides, I'm a pretty lady myself. He apologized and agreed to not let it happen again, well last night everytime my friend leaned accross the table, he stared and stared.. I'm so hurt. Its so rude to me and she's my freakin friend! I don't know how to get over this.
But you can't blindfold him from seeing things, can you?
But you can't blindfold him from seeing things, can you?

No, but there's other things to look at besides your girlfriend's friend's boobs.... in front of her!

Come on, I'm a young guy and I would love to be able to just check girls out without being noticed or feeling creepy, and I'll sneak a peek here and there. But for him to be staring and staring just seems disrespectful. I mean, if the girl has some massive cleavage hanging there and it's pretty much in my line of sight I'll look sometimes, but only for a second - and I'm single.

I think this guy either 1) Legitimately doesn't realize he's doing it 2) Is thinking with his wrong head 3) Doesn't respect you fully etc.

I don't think it's a case of she can't blindfold him Laura.

Yes we all see, (thank God) BUT I think her man is overstepping the line. You look once, that's cool we're human, sometimes we can't help where our eyes go especially when big baps are in your line of view, you look twice....ok, I'll let it slip. 3 times, I knock your block off...basically, and I mean "knock your block off" in the best metaphorical sense possible..

But seriously, if he has the uncontrollable wandering eye, well he ain't the best boyfriend material IMO.

Maybe this suggests that he's not exactly boyfriend material. I would never date a guy who gawks at a pair of boobs, in front of me, and keeps staring. To me, that's simply disrespectful and rude. Actions like that speak volumes about the type of person he is.

Maybe this suggests that he's not exactly boyfriend material. I would never date a guy who gawks at a pair of boobs, in front of me, and keeps staring. To me, that's simply disrespectful and rude. Actions like that speak volumes about the type of person he is.

This is the correct reply..........The rest is up to you.....

For all we know, he may have had this habit for a long time and only recently been caught by the OP, so now the OP is watching like a hawk.

I don't think there is anything the OP can do as the man is indeed a titty man, just a shame he has a need to oggle them.

If they're in sight, he's free to look at them all day if he wnats, whether you're his friend, his girlfriend, his wife, his mother, it doesn't matter what you are.

You're just going to have to get over the fact that just about every girl out there has boobs, some of them are more forward about displaying their boobs [even if they are just saying they want to "look good"; I've noticed what some girls want to say "looks good" coincides with what guys think "looks erotic" - and I can't use sexy here because sexy has practically lost all meaning in this context - it means Both!] and if they are presented in fornt of his face, your guy is going to look.

Otherwise, you are going to be one bitter, jealous, and eventually very lonely girl. Becasue to be quite frank...the genie is already out of the bottle.

He's probably doing it because he sees absolutely no issue with looking at her boobs: because they're boobs.

As women in the west, you have been given the freedom to dress yourself in whatever manner you find comfortable; in some places, this means you can be nude if you wish. If you want to put your cleavage on display, or wear something tight and from-revealing, or something light/thin enough that your nipples show though, or something where your breasts practically fall out every time you lean over, you are free to do so.

However, this freedom is not free; it comes at a tolerance cost.

And as men, we have agreed that if it is out in the open in plain view where it can be seen, we will look at it how we want, when we want, for however long we want, for as long as she has it in our field of view.

Her freedom to dress herself in any way she chooses does not mean she or any one around her can then abridge our freedom to gaze at whatever is in our field of view.

If this makes her uncomfortable, or upset, or insecure, SHE needs to go back inside and put on something that is more appropriate in terms of her own comfort level. Otherwise, by wearing said garments, she has already expressed to the world that she is ok with us seeing whatever she has on display.

If she makes YOU insecure, or upset at your boyfriend, and you are not OK with this, then you need to make new friends so women like her as not around you, and dress in the manner you would prefer your man/boyfriend would see other women who are not you dressed, out of respect for their boyfriends. You know, GOLDEN RULE? This way, you will never have this issue.

In some parts of the world, women have pretty much agreed with each other to wear so many layers you barely know who is male or female anymore. In the west, we have made "Look good" synonymous with both "Look Sexy" as well as "Look Trashy," depending on how you gauge it. If you Look Good but nobody is allowed to look at you [or you would disallow your man from looking at a girl dressed like you], then you DO NOT LOOK GOOD!!!

Maybe there is greater wisdom to the layers, afterall...

Me personally, I will enjoy the view and whatever she, whoever she is, decides to put in my view. If she doesn't know how to dress appropriately or somehow feels I'm perverted for looking, or feels insecue because I look, SHE needs to go change. There IS somethign called "appropriate attire!" If you forgot what it is, go back to that handbook you may have recieved back in high school and review the section pertaining to "Dress code!!"

I refuse to reward a woman's lack of respect for me and the rest of the world by then giving her cake and letting her eat it too.

If it's in my field of view....FAIR GAME!

I like how the guy has no responsibility for anything in your logic.

Why should he be responsible for having his field of view obscured?

It's not like he asked his eyes to be raped every time he looked in her direction...

Seriously, if you women are uncomfortable with him looking, or find it rude, or get upset because we look, COVER UP. Wear something Appropriate. Learn what Appropriate is in the first place. Otherwise, get over it.

Dress like eye candy, get looked at like eye candy...

Why should he be responsible for having his field of view obscured?

It's not like he asked his eyes to be raped every time he looked in her direction...

Seriously, if you women are uncomfortable with him looking, or find it rude, or get upset because we look, COVER UP. Wear something Appropriate. Learn what Appropriate is in the first place. Otherwise, get over it.

Dress like eye candy, get looked at like eye candy...

or... grow up and learn some freaking respect.

Archived