Road Trip! Dream comes true thanks to divorce

I've always wanted to do this trip and finally I can. The dates are set, the accommodation is not booked, the route is not mapped out.

Really there is barely any way I could have done this when married. Even now, though I have a child to look after, some twist of fate wangles its way towards me, and I have a 1 month window to complete the trip of a lifetime.

I'd be so frustrated with my life right now, were it not for the fact I have absolutely no interest in having a relationship with anyone. I've done marriage, I've got the child to prove it. Finding someone is no longer the most important thing in my life.

And the job. Oh the dream job everyone keeps telling me I have. I totally sold out and regretted it every since. Money yes, happiness no. So they can stick it.

So in 16 weeks I'm off. And to avoid the danger of never returning, I've got my boy to come back to, who'll need to be inspired by my stories and photos, to follow in my tracks.

God bless freedom

When I was going through many many issues with my ex-ex many years ago...I drove cross country from the west coast to NYC, back to the west. Drove through almost 30 states, met the nicest people, ate the greatest food, and saw the most amazing scenery. I mean, to this day, the images are burned into my brain. I remember crossing a river with white cliffs with the sun setting in the background...watching a beautiful South Dakotan plains sunset....watching the sun rise in the southwest...driving through the worst rainstorm ever in the Midwest...green rolling hills in New England...just thinking about everything makes my heart skip a beat.

Hope you have a blast! It will be the best trip of your life, hands down.

YOU ARE LEAVING YOUR SON FOR A MONTH? I hope he is an adult. If not, I cannot see that this trip is anything but selfish. By the way, that sell-out job financed this trip. Not a bad exchange, huh?

You've made a fair few assumptions there, and they're all wrong. Chill out, just try and enjoy yourself k?

Archived