First date last night, need some opinions

bebeblondie

I had a first date last night with a guy i've been talking to off a dating website. I felt like the date went great, we kept laughing and talking....it didnt even have that awkwardness that most 1st dates have. At then end of the night he walked me to my car, I thanked him for dinner and said i had a nice time, and we said good night. Five minutes later he texted me telling me to let him know when i got home, so i texted him when I got home and again thanked him and said i had nice time, he txted back saying he had a nice time too with a smiley face.

I have not heard from him yet today, and normally I don't expect to hear from the guy the next day, but for the past couple of months he's been texting me almost everyday (mostly in the early part of the day). So I would think if he was interested he would've definitely contacted me by now given his behavior before we met. I honestly would be very shocked if it turns out that he's not interested, cause we both seemed pretty into each other.

So I just wanted to get some opinions on this. I know I shouldn't be obsessing over this, but it was my first date in a while where I really felt a connection with the guy.

We were unable to meet up due to our conflicting schedules...I work late and have school during the week, and he is on-call on the weekends.

It was probably more my fault than his, because he did offer to meet up a number times, but I couldn't due to my schedule, and i was away the past few weekends.

I think u wouldnt normally be worrying that u havent heard from a guy yet, but in this case you are getting paranoid because you usually hear from him every day right?.....my bet is that he had a great time and doesnt want to appear to keen incase it puts u off. Hes probably playing it cool at the mo because he wants it to all go right, just a guess.

I think u wouldnt normally be worrying that u havent heard from a guy yet, but in this case you are getting paranoid because you usually hear from him every day right?.....my bet is that he had a great time and doesnt want to appear to keen incase it puts u off. Hes probably playing it cool at the mo because he wants it to all go right, just a guess.

It's funny you say that, because usually I never expect to here from a guy the day after a first date, maybe in this case im just over analyzing due to amount of contact we had before. Im kind of counting on the fact that he texted me on my way home last night as a good sign.

I would wait it out (give it another 2/3 days) before deciding on whether to contact him again or leave it be.

I will give it until the end of today seeing as he used to contact me everyday until we met. I will not be contacting him if I don't hear from him first...he knew I was interested ball is in his court. I will take his silence as him not being interested and leave at that.

I just hate this anxious feeling! lol

It could be for a number of reasons... give it at least a day or two!

I've had the feeling before after a really good date that I sort of want to "soak in" the time I'm in. In other words, he may feel he's in a really good spot with you right now.. just had a great date and expecting more in the future, so he's just letting time pass right now to experience the a) satisfaction of meeting up b) thrill of meeting up again

Give it a few days and then contact him if no word on his end. Or just wait it out... not a biggy!

It could be for a number of reasons... give it at least a day or two!

I've had the feeling before after a really good date that I sort of want to "soak in" the time I'm in. In other words, he may feel he's in a really good spot with you right now.. just had a great date and expecting more in the future, so he's just letting time pass right now to experience the a) satisfaction of meeting up b) thrill of meeting up again

Give it a few days and then contact him if no word on his end. Or just wait it out... not a biggy!

That makes sense, I get what you are saying. Thanks!

Also, he friend requested me on facebook when we first started talking (before we met). I never replied to the request, because I don't like friending guy off a dating website, until we're actually dating. I told him the reason I didnt friend him yet is that I don't go on much (which is true), and this whole convo went on way before we met. On our date, he mentioned facebook and then he said "oh thats right you don't have facebook", i told him I have it I just dont go on much, he said "oh yea im still waiting on that friend request" and we laughed, i said "ok I'll go on and accept you" he just laughed and brushed it of like no big deal. So I'm thinking should I maybe accept his friendship to give him a nudge? I honestly don't really want to resort to this since like I said I'm hesitant to friend a guy in this situation unless we're dating (for privacy reasons).

Oh the wonderful issues that FB brings... well I still think you should just wait a few days first. It shows you have a life.

If you don't hear from him by Wednesday/Thursday then contact him to see what's up for the weekend -- maybe meet up?

The FB request should be ignored for now in my opinion, stick to your privacy concerns and if he brings it up just say you're busy! and laugh about it.. besides you clearly like him so it's not going to be a major issue (unless that irritates him or something odd).

Good luck

Oh the wonderful issues that FB brings... well I still think you should just wait a few days first. It shows you have a life.

If you don't hear from him by Wednesday/Thursday then contact him to see what's up for the weekend -- maybe meet up?

The FB request should be ignored for now in my opinion, stick to your privacy concerns and if he brings it up just say you're busy! and laugh about it.. besides you clearly like him so it's not going to be a major issue (unless that irritates him or something odd).

Good luck

I agree I will keep ignoring the facebook request for now.

However if I dont hear from him in the next couple of days, I will not contact him, I believe it's pretty clear to him that I'm interested, he knows where to find me if he feels the same way. I will take him not contacting me as him not being interested and leave it at that.

I agree I will keep ignoring the facebook request for now.

However if I dont hear from him in the next couple of days, I will not contact him, I believe it's pretty clear to him that I'm interested, he knows where to find me if he feels the same way. I will take him not contacting me as him not being interested and leave it at that.

Atta girl. I hope you hear from him, but life goes on if you don't. Learning to accept silence for what it really is has been the most liberating lesson of my adult dating life.

Archived