OneQuestion

Hello everybody,

It's been a long time since I posted this, nearly 8 months, and I would like to share the conclusion of my story...

We got back together in May. It was truly an amazing feeling. I trend towards being the typical "man," the emotionless in public, motorcycling driving, muscular money maker, you know, the sexist version of male. Still, I am not ashamed to say that I cried with joy in a public park when she finally told me that she had made a terrible mistake and would do anything to make it right. I immediately demanded that we go to counseling, and it has been excellent since then. I also will not lie when I say that before we got back together I was in a truly dark place. I failed almost all of my classes in college because I wouldn't get out of bed, I was seeing a counselor and on depression medication. I lost nearly 30 pounds because I had no apatite. I will be recovering from the financial, emotional and physical repercussions of this for years to come, but I am still happy.

This forum is full of jaded individuals, even inside of this thread. This is openly apparent in the responses I received. I do not judge because of these responses, but I just wanted to share this victory story to a group of people I feel sorely need it. I do not say that this will work for all individuals, and I may just be a naive 22 year old, still wet behind the ears, but I truly fell that if you love someone enough, your love can see you through the darkest times and that eventually everything will work out between you two.

My heart was broken into a million pieces, but the same terrible, wonderful woman that I love is helping me piece it back together. I may be 22. She may be my first girlfriend. I don't care. She is my only love, and we will make it through everything that comes at us.

I hope that some of you will read this and believe me. Some of you will take this as a desperate man trying to appeal to his peers in a sick way. Let the naysayers come. This is the truth. Love does exist. I implore you all to not give up and to keep trying. The fact that any of you have made an account on these forums and read them is proof enough that each and every one of you has the ability to make a man or woman extremely happy for the rest of their life. Don't give up. I didn't. I wanted to, but I kept at it. Love does exist for all of those who wish for it.

Thank you for reading my story,

OneQuestion.

It's great for you that things got better.

But, in general, when someone wants to "take a break" it means they want to break up with you, but still want to keep you around as a lifesaver in case they regret it. So they can get used to not being with you anymore, but keep you around as an option if things go sour for them.

In general, the best reaction to this is to sever ties and refuse to be the lifesaver, so that they have to make a choice instead of allowing them to try to move on while keeping you as a second option.

Glad it worked out for you however.

Archived