Girlfriend hangs out with guy she slept with.....kinda of weird?

mattnopud

Hi, my girlfriend and I have been "official" for a few months now and prior to that we had a friends with benefits kind of a thing, so no commitment. We both slept with other people which is fine, but the deal was that the other person needed to be told. The issue is that she still hangs out with one of the people she had a few-night stand with. They were acquaintances and one thing led to another and they slept together a few times. They still hang out and go out to dinner, etc. I mentioned that this bothers me and she said I have nothing to worry about that they are just friends. To me it's a respect issue and I explained this to her. She said she was sorry but that she would be more aware of my feelings about this. A few days ago she said that she will be picked up from the airport buy either this guy or one of her girlfriends as I cannot because I will be in class. To me this is a lack of respect. I wouldn't do this to her but am I being weird about it? Thanks for reading. This has been eating me up. Best

Wow, fastandfurious, bitter much??

Um, that said, it would bother me too if my guy was doing this. You need to decide what you will be comfortable with and set some boundaries. Be very clear with her about what you will and will not be okay with in terms of this situation. It sounds like right now she isn't totally realizing how disrespected you feel about this. And it's okay to tell her it's been eating you up, too. Just be honest with her. Let us know how it goes.

I've been in a situation like that, except I was the guy she slept with prior. We are just friends now. Haven't had any sexual intimacy with her for 2 years now. To be honest, I don't think I would go back to that... maybe if we were both single and just wanted to get our freak on. But trust me, she's loyal to her boyfriend.

Wouldn't go as far to say that she's cheating on you (I think some of the posters above have overreacted somewhat). But I still wouldn't be happy with my GF doing this. At the end of the day it's about respect and if she knows it would make me unhappy I'd expect her not to do it.

Archived