help me not screw this interview up

Ivory_Tower

Okay what store is it? What hair styles have you seen ladies who work there wear? You should have your hair style something that is comfortable, although I recommend in a bun. That way it's out of your way and your not twirling it.

Similar to Nordstrom, but its a single store with higher end clothing. 50-120 dollars

Fun stuff. Something like this but with the shirt buttoned as the second pic, preferably white, and make sure a white/nude cami underneath as they tend to be see through! Hair up like the second one. Ya you can do black shoes, red is just a nice pop of color.

image removed

image removed

image removed

image removed

Definitely minimal make up! Don't cake it on or over do and put 10 pounds of foundation and 5 pounds of eye shadow! Natural beauty. As for what to say? Just be yourself and ALWAYS keep a smile unless the situation is serious. Here are some interview tips:

link removed

link removed

If you haven't shopped there you may want to review their website. But are you landing this job as a sales person? As for what to say if you haven't shopped there, I doubt they ask. But if they do maybe something like "I haven't had the opportunity to shop here yet.." SMILE.

I like princess' suggestions. Also, try to find out some stuff about the store - look at their mission statement. be able to describe why you like the store and why you want to work for them. come up with 3 reasons. something like 'they offer fashionable clothing at reasonable prices, the customer service is good and it's a brand with national prestige.' you get the drift.

$50 - 120 isn't that expensive or exclusive a store,just average or a little above. Clothes: Dark pants, low heels, lip gloss not lipstick, eyeliner and mascara but NO eyeshadow. Get your nails done and wear your hair up. Smile nicely but not too widely. Simple jewelry, post earrings and a simple bracelet. Just do your best to look bland. That is safest.

$50 to $120 for an outfit? Sounds like any Express or Ann Taylor. Not what would be considered high end. When you say that, people think couture boutiques. You couldn't get a pair of socks for that at a real designer shop.

Anyhoo, since it's not that upscale, you can get away with dressing more funky. I'd suggest wearing whatever they sell!!!

Archived