I have done the break up, only to get back togethjer and now we are over again!! It can never really come back the way it was and the relationship will always feel like you are on egggshells. Dissappear for a while and give it some time I think you need at least three months before you can talk again and maybe rekindle.. I still have hope.. Any feed back would be great

i agree. my gf and i broke up, then got back together, and within a week or two, we were having the same exact problems as we had had before. probably getting back together after waiting some time would be okay if both people still wanted it. it would almost be like starting fresh. but getting back together quickly is not a good idea.

It only works if both people acknowledge the problems that lead to the break up in the first place, and commit themselves to fixing those problems. Sweeping things under the rug and hoping that strong physical attraction and the love that was first felt will be "enough" to fix things is NEVER enough.

Bottom line, it takes two healthy and mature people to make a healthy and mature relationship work.

I agree it hurts like crazy because I really love this girl. and she knows it. But sometimes if you love something let it go if it comes back it was yours if it doesnt then it never was. Keep up the faith. I hope one day to reunite but right now I know it wont work it needs some space for her to realize it herself

i think it works for some people, it all depends on whether or not they both feel the same for each other and can see being together again as an option. In my experience however, it didnt work because of a fear of someone being hurt again, but i believe if two people want to make it work, they should give it a try and never have to wonder "what if"

As you pointed out, space is necessary for it to work again - as it gives you more perspective, lets you know what you TRULY desire and lets you both decide if it is something you want to do, as well as know how the problems need to be fixed. I know many couples who went out for a year, or two or three, then broke up. 2 months to 2 years later they got back together, and now are all very committed - married, or on the way there. Please note though most of these breakups were the guy's choice, and due to commitment fears/issues and a need to be single (see the grass on the other side) and all eventually realized they were crazy. Your success may vary! Oddly enough MY ex looked at these successes as inspiration when he broke up with me - knowing it could work out in the end..sheesh!