First he doesn't need me, later he asks if I'm going to give up for him?

So we always had a LDR between 2 countries. First he dumped me before 5 weeks, because he felt a need to get far away from me. Later I sent him 2 letters to say that I forgive him all what happened between us. He ignored me for a long time.

This summer I'm going to work to his town, I mentioned him about it in my last letter and last night when he read it he suggested me to live at his house. I reject because I'm still too attached to him emotionally. And then he just asks me: "So what, after you travel all this way to work where I live - you're going to give up for me so quickly? There's are always an opportunity and a hope"

Is he kidding?! I just felt like he's playing with me

What makes you work on his town? Is it your own choice or is that an order (like you will be fired if you don't do that). If it is your choice then I can understand his message as he thinks that you choose his town because he lives there.

I just had a job and a living place and a pretty good salary. I am going to work here, because I have my friends there and I don't care if he lives there or not. Really. I wrote him that I'm not going to get back together because I'm sure he won't return to me. But what is he trying to say by telling me "are you going to give up so quickly?" Of course I want to reconcile the things with him, but a) he left me, b) he wrote he wanted to get far away from me and wished me to find a new man and now he's just asking me why do I want to give up for him so quickly? What does he mean? He didn't want me himself. I told him so and he wrote back "You will find out everything when you come here". What does he try to do? Does he care at least or does he play?

He's basically telling you that he's not into you enough to commit to a long term, LDR relationship, but if you go there and serve it to him on a platter, he's willing to use you for sex while it's convenient for him.

So the question becomes, is that good enough for you?

Archived