Have Ex's Facebook Password.. Curiosity is Killing the Cat

I mean I am super glad I found it as now I have closure to heal since she wasn't a good enough person to close it for me.. but not I have this itch I cant scratch and I know its not healthy but how can I stop?

After four years I gave this girl everything she could wish for and she talks about me like I am the scum of the earth..

HELP

Totally get where you're coming from. I actually guessed my girlfriend's facebook and e-mail password. Took a few attempts. I knew something wasn't right, the same as you. I wanted to know, so I went in. It led to me finding a link to a guesthouse that this guy had sent to her. I confronted them and you should have seen her face. Now of course I'm the bad guy... LOL!

In your case, as in mine, you have to realize that she will try to portray you in a negative light to her friends to deflect guilt, repress feelings of doubt and guilt and regret and other feelings, and to make her look good. Her close friends will side with her... It wouldn't even matter if you explained everything to them... I told a few of her close friends about what happened and they de-friended me on Facebook... She just told them I had the whole thing wrong... We have no control over that. Sooner of later, if she has any soul, she's gonna be really really guilty and that will build up to a point where she'll have to contact you... Then, you can tell her to take a hike, or not. Just go full NO CONTACT.

On the flip side of this, I went into my ex's facebook and her email account, and I got the answers to every single problem that I was worried about. Everything that I feared was true.

Since then, I've had absolutely no doubt about moving on in my life and finding someone better. The pedestal that I had placed her on finally crumbled, and she was just another lost person in this world to me. Sure she was my ex, I loved her and still love her, but now I recognize that because of what she's done to me, she'll always be my past, and never my future.

On the flip side of this, I went into my ex's facebook and her email account, and I got the answers to every single problem that I was worried about. Everything that I feared was true.

Since then, I've had absolutely no doubt about moving on in my life and finding someone better. The pedestal that I had placed her on finally crumbled, and she was just another lost person in this world to me. Sure she was my ex, I loved her and still love her, but now I recognize that because of what she's done to me, she'll always be my past, and never my future.

Very well said.

Ugh, god no. Always, always, always, keep your dignity and self respect. The only person who looks bad is you and you will regret stooping to the level of pondscum in the end.

I was gonna write on her wall and blow up the whole thing about us, and how she'd been lying to me etc. I got as far as adding myself on her facebook... then I just said, you know what? This isn't worth it. Because it's only gonna make me look bad in the end, because it's going to make her feel like I actually care, and like she has one up on me.

She doesn't, and never will again. I prefer to leave it that way.

• 1 month later...

I stumbled upon this topic after a hail mary google search. It is EXACTLY like my current situation. Allow me to explain.

We dated 4.5 years, 2 of which were long distance. We were told by many that we were a great couple. I'd agree with that assessment up until the last 4 months when she got a job offer elsewhere and we had to re-focus our career plans. Ultimately it lead to our breakup, which was amicable and clean. Most would envy this situation as she flew off two days after the breakup, so there was no risk of bumping into her or a late night rendezvous.

If only I didn't have her Facebook password.

I checked her account shortly after the backup and it was standard stuff. I kept checking and checking, like it was exhilarating to be in her account without her knowledge. Then Monday I found something disturbing. Her friend was setting her up with another friend and my ex said "relationships are ewwwww to me right now, I'm just looking to have fun" (she's moving to another city in 2 weeks.) She went on to say that she liked this guy and was rattled because he didn't answer a text of hers.

Now, she's not doing anything wrong, she is a free agent after all. The part that got me was how she was entertaining the idea of "having fun" and "liking" someone 1 month after a 4.5 year relationship. What's worse is I never would have found this out if not for my curiosity and having her fb password. I can't seem to not check it, it's like I enjoy punishment because I know her account will only contain neutral or bad news for me. Every time I check it it's like bumping into her at the mall or bar.

HELP!!! I need to stop checking my exs Facebook. Does anyone have suggestions for getting her to change her password?

Thanks!

Archived