Is there really such thing as KARMA?!~

Hey everyone,

I would just like to know if there is a thing as Karma? See, I feel as if i've been a 'good' person, HOWEVER, it seems as if in my love life, i always get dumped, and always the one who gets hurt. My 'family' is broken, and i just dunno whether i deserve this?? I guess what i'm asking is, why does bad karma happen to me?? Will i ever have good karma?!

I think their are difficulties in life that we all go through, many of us are not at fault for and have no way of controlling. I wouldn't consider that bad Karma.

The thing is that we can learn quite alot through these bad experiences. Often later in life we can apply what we have learned. We just can't see the big picture when we are in the moment. We can't yet see what is ahead of us.

I would like to think that there is Karma, that the good will get some good thrown back at them and the bad will eventually get theirs.

Karma exists if you ask me, but not in the way you refer to it. You say you've been a good guy, but don't get what you want out of a relationship. The problem is the word good. Nice (good) guys finish last! Always, you can take my word on it.

I'm not saying you should be a bad person, simply try to dodge the nice guy behavior and stand up for yourself, especially in relationships. You'd be surprised to find out what all the things are you do that have a negative effect on women.

I have often asked myself these things, because of my past experiences, there seem to be no way that by chance I could have had such bad luck.

but there is another way of looking at these things, you say that those guys dumped you and didn't appreciate the great person you know you are, so maybe they aren't the right person for you, maybe what your having is good Karma, because your not wasting your life being with the wrong person.

After all, when you find the right person, he will appreciate how wonderful you are, and he will want some just like you.

So the way I see it, all that "bad karma" was necessary to prepare me for the right woman, in every past case of bad luck, I learned something new, but I never give up being the "good guy" maybe its true good guys finish last, but we do finish, and then we end up having the last laugh.

So what you consider bad, may be a blessing in disguise! think about that a little.

Events in and of themselves are not good or bad...it's how we choose to look at them. Here's an example:

About 15 (yeesh.) years ago, I dated this guy for a couple months. I fell for him HARD. I thought he was a perfect match for me. Well, he didn't feel the same way, and dumped me in a rather classless and hurtful fashion. I was devastated. Spent the next 2 years comparing anyone I dated to him, and they didn't measure up. I thought it was some big, tragic event. I thought there was something wrong with me.

Then, I met this new girl at work. Started making small talk with her. Turns out she was married to him (they had met & started dating a few months after he dumped me). I made myself miserable imagining how great her life with him must be. I still thought there was something terribly wrong with me.

About a year after we were working at the same place, she comes in one day and looks completely miserable. She'd just found out he'd been cheating on her for quite some time with a "friend" of hers. Over the next few months, she told me what her life with him was really like -- he was chronically unemployed, ruined his credit - then proceeded to ruin hers, he had some substance abuse issues, and then the cheating was the last straw. She ended up divorcing him, and it was a long, drawn out and very painful process for her.

In less than a minute, I went from viewing his dumping me as a tragic event to seeing it as a major stroke of good luck. I was spared the hell she had to go through. Ever since then, no matter what has happened in my life, I have complete faith that it is for my highest good. And for the first time, I really understood there wasn't anything "wrong" with me at all.

When events take place in our lives, we have to remember there is a much, much larger picture that we cannot possibly see. There are no coincidences...at any given time we are exactly where we are supposed to be, and things are unfolding as they should. At any given moment we have the power to choose how we interpret what's going on around us.

His dumping me wasn't good or bad in and of itself....the fact that he dumped me just was. It was how I chose to look at it that made it a positive or negative experience.

So, I wouldn't necessarily assign a negative meaning to the experiences you've had thus far, nor would I assume it meant you were always going to have bad experience in romance. You have to look at it in a different way...figure there are really good reasons you're not with a particular person, wish them well (even if you fully believe they should be made to die a slow & painful death for doing what they did ), and let it go. If you focus on being a good person--not to impress someone or get them to like you but just for your own peace of mind and personal development, this will, in the long run come back to you.

In some teachings, whatever you send out comes back to you three-fold or ten-fold....so if you keep having negative thoughts about yourself and your experiences, you're only creating more bad karma and making yourself miserable in the process.

We all have more power over our lives than we've been taught we have. To tap into that power, become aware of it, and learn how to create with it, takes a huge amount of personal responsibility and looking at things in different ways. Like any new skill, there will be a learning curve, but the more you exercise that power, the more adept you will become at using it.

Pain is necessary for growth, suffering is optional.

~s2s

Bad karma happens to everyone. My friend Bob for instance, is a schitzophrenic, he lost his dad to cancer, his mum is suffering badly to. He is the kindest, warm hearted person I know, who looks after other people. He has a rumbling big laugh, he is single and looks wise he is nothing to right home about.

But his spirt. He has overcome so much including being locked away in a paddeds cell and pumped with chemicals.

His secret?

He always has a ready smile and a laugh. When you are at your lowest ebb, when things just seem to happen to you and you just got to take it on the chin, then is the time to take what good you can from a bad experience.

Good karma comes about from looking at the few good things you have in life and appreciate them. Bad karma comes about from seeing everything is bad.

I hope this helps going someway to answering your question. Keep looking at the good things you do have in your life and work on creating more good things for yourself and those around you.