Ex of a Narcissist. What will happen post BU? Curious to hear others thoughts

i have been seeing a counsellor in regard to my break up. Through her i learned that I was/am a narcissist!! this is something i was COMPLETELY unaware of.

you speak about peoiple as if they are deliberately setting out to use and abuse you. that is not the case! I have now started to make all the changes within my self and with my behaviour to change this part of me.

you all need to remember it is only a part, of a person, and is something that has happened to them to result in this situation for them. most are completey unaware that people see them this way. And when ppinted out in the right way i at least have made the changes nessaccary.

just remember some one who is narcissitic is still human! not some other world race in capable of change!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been seeing a counsellor in regard to my break up. Through her i learned that I was/am a narcissist!! this is something i was COMPLETELY unaware of.

you speak about peoiple as if they are deliberately setting out to use and abuse you. that is not the case! I have now started to make all the changes within my self and with my behaviour to change this part of me.

you all need to remember it is only a part, of a person, and is something that has happened to them to result in this situation for them. most are completey unaware that people see them this way. And when ppinted out in the right way i at least have made the changes nessaccary.

just remember some one who is narcissitic is still human! not some other world race in capable of change!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you've done it... Be careful speaking with reason around here, they'll accuse you of sucking blood and eating babies.

Sadly, many narcissists don't think they have a problem at all so they leave a trail of destruction in their wake, of people who believed in them and got royally burned. It is very difficult for someone who has been the victim of a narcissist to see it from the other person's perspective because they are too busy trying to overcome the pain and anger and confused feelings that they are left with in the aftermath.

Not only don't most narcissists thing anything is wrong with them,as CAD said, and also don't think they need to make changes, but the cure rate is near zero.

Broken - you sound more like a borderline, than a narcissist. A true narcissist, even a self-aware one, wouldn't have the desire to change as you do. And since a true narcissist lacks empathy, they would have no desire to help others. Wish you well, hon.

Doyathink, I had a feeling your guy was a Narcy....they are horrible people. I accepted a lot of the selfish behavior, but he started cheating unbeknownst to me during our reconciliation phase.....So you have to think, totally selfish, and now a cheater- what's the point??

Thats one reason I took your word for it, and got rid of him b4 it got even worse. God, I love that man, but if Im not worshiping the ground he walks on...it gets nasty. It funny how he did such a 180. He chased me hard! When I gave in, and he had me he was a completely different guy.

Sadly, many narcissists don't think they have a problem at all so they leave a trail of destruction in their wake, of people who believed in them and got royally burned. It is very difficult for someone who has been the victim of a narcissist to see it from the other person's perspective because they are too busy trying to overcome the pain and anger and confused feelings that they are left with in the aftermath.

Yeah ...........

• 7 months later...

Archived