! im just guna say this

lost6194

Hi Lost, yes we all have felt it, some of us are still feeling it with all of its ugliness and uncertainty. I think its the not knowing that is mind boggling and almost paralyzing for me. At this point I don't know wether I'm turning right or left, getting up or down let alone even being conscious of my surroundings. It has been 9 weeks since breakup, 6 weeks since I last saw him, 4 weeks since our last contact. I feel a little better but somedays (like today) it feels like how it felt on day one.

ENA family members has said take care of yourself, find things to keep you occupied, get to a gym or some form of exercise, spend time with family or friends. All very good advice but sometime at least for me, easier said than done. I work and sometimes I work overtime just to occupy my time. I share joint custody with my daughter from a previous relationship so when I have her, I force myself everyday to stay focused on her. I have a gym membership but have no motivation to go. I perfer not to bother my family or friends with my unhappiness. Misery does not need company. So I am dealing with this the best I know how and on somedays that might not be easy. What does help is coming here to ENA to read, reflect, respond and pray for better days, less pain and more insight.

Be patient with yourself. Remember you are in a mourning period so allow yourself to mourn. Cry till you cannot cry anymore. One day one year-there is no time limit. Good luck and blessings to your healing....

All i have to say is i cant take these feelings anymore. Straight to point, im in so much pain, (not physical) 24/7, and i cant take it anymore. I dont know what to do. When will this go away, if ever? Does anybody else ever feel like this?

The old "time heals all" bit isn't the whole story.

You have to make changes in your life. You have to live through those changes. And once you're on the other end, however long it takes you to go through those changes, is when things will feel better and your life will be different. I know how you can get stuck making changes and going through things, but you have to recognize what will make you feel better and what can change you.

The only sure-fire advice I can give you is to exercise everday for 30 minutes. That'll make you feel markedly better, but probably not the wholesale better you're looking for.

Archived