She rejected me, I don't get it?!?!

piratehound

There's this girl I've been talking to for a couple of months. Over the part couple months, we've been flirting hard, but she always had a boyfriend. Last week I said that we would make great friends - she got upset and stormed off.

Well unbeknowest to me she broke up with her boyfriend.

So the other night when I saw her, we were flirting hard again, and she brought up that she and her boyfriend broke up. I gave her a hard time - saying I didn't believe her etc - all in good fun - and she "argued" with me until I was convinced she was single.

Open door right?

So I pull out my phone and say: "Put your number in there" She just looks at the phone and doesn't take it. My heart sinks. Then she starts saying things like; "just put my number in your phone huh?" and then turns to our group at the bar and said: "piratehound just told me to put my number in his phone" i guess she didn't like how assertive it was.

After that, we just sat there in silence.

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!!?!!

I think I probably would've made a scene back and said her being like that must have been the reason her BF couldn't stand her. I would say things like "Ohh gonna flirt with me to boost your ego or whatever so you can shoot me down." then quote some of the things she said when she was being flirty in a mocking voice. I just don't like being disrespected like that, so I become confrontational back, I mean like no holding back, like I don't care if I ruin my chances with her or not, or our friendship. That's probably what I would do in the heat of the moment. No, you obviously don't have a chance with her, but I'd at least wanna get even, because she made you look really bad.

I agree, she could playing hard to get and like the attention. The minute you told her "I think we would make great friends." What did she do? She got upset and stormed off, because she knew she was losing you flirting back. A women wants a "just in case" plan, whether it works out or not. The minute you said that you wanted to be friends, she went through the trouble of letting you know that she was single and POSSIBLY looking. No hints though. That's the problem with flirting. It could mean they like you, or just want to have some single fun again. Flirting is flirting, no strings attached in a way. So she made you look like and a** in front of all other possible opportunities with the women there at the bar when you attempted asking for a her number, and then left you standing. Count this as a lost cause and walk away. This sounds like a relationship breaker or possible cheater.

She's messing with you. You were TOO direct,...like (picture Joey from Friends) "Here, punch you're # in my phone while I have a drink" *hair toss* She's on the rebound go softer next time and PERSUE HER!!! On these type of threads people usually say get away from her, but you have no reason. She's a perfectly nice girl on the rebound. Persue her b4 she hooks back up w/ her ex, putting you SOL again.

I think she is acting normal. She just broke up with her bf and I know you didn't believe her about her break-up. So you jokingly gave her a hard time before you finally did believe her. This probably aggravated her. So after that she probably wasn't very receptive to your approach of getting her number.

Also if she did indeed break-up with the bf, she might be angry towards all men for a certain period. I know I've definitely seen some women frustrated towards men on this board.

I think I'm still in. When I saw her today, she pretended like she was too drunk at the time to remember anything that happened.

Then she asked me what happened. Three different times.

All 3 times I wouldnt tell her.

My read: she remembers everything that happened, but doesn't want to admit what she did - since she had acted so ridiculous.

At the same time, she wanted me to repeat to her what was said - to tell her again that had asked for her number so that that idea would be out there once again.

What do yall think/

I admit I have been on the rebound before and she sounds like she is quite honestly. Try to find someone that isn't fresh out of a relationship. She seems conflicted inside so even if you do get her she probably will snap for a while and you won't be sure if she is into you for you or just using you.

A rebound is possible - but I don't think so. She only dated the guy for 2 months, and she broke up with him a month ago. She was never that into him and broke it off as to not lead him on.

A more likely scenario is this: we were both drinking. When I asked for her number it was brazen and a surprise. Being surprised (and after we were flirting/arguing) she just responded quickly without thinking about it. In fact, I think her announcing it to the bar was her effort to get me to "argue" with her about it. It's hard to explain, but we "argue" alot.

In fact when I saw her a couple of days later - she seemed a little sad - like she was afraid she blew it.

Archived