How to land this long distance guy?

CAgirl

I am currently talking to a guy who lives in Washington. I am in Southern California. We are both from the same hometown. In fact, our parents are neighbors. We went to the same elementary, middle, and high school. He is 26 so when I was in 8th grade, he was a senior in high school. Our families our friends, and we have a lot of connections. Like his Dad was my wrestling coach, his older sister my softball coach, and his younger sister dated my older brother.

We reconnected at a Christmas party when we were both home. We went on three dates including lunch with his sister, a family dinner, and a movie. We also spend New Year's Eve together. We have been texting every day and have had the occasional phone conversation. He says really sweet affectionate things to me, but I really want make sure that this doesn't go away.

My question is how do I do it? How do I keep this connection and attraction going when we are not together and 1,171 miles away? Any advice from people in long distance relationships would be greatly appreciated!

Archived